2nd Shift - Production Assembly- Chatsworth, CA
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.Posting Address
9140 Lurline Ave Chatsworth, CA 91311Position Overview
Hubbell Power Systems is seeking Production Assemblers for our Assembly department in the Chatsworth, CA facility to be part of a growing, dynamic, and diverse team during a time of transition. As part of a recent acquisition, the Chatsworth facility is experiencing exciting change. Production Assemblers will be work assembling thermoset box and vault assemblies of various sizes by using large to small hand held grinders, hole saws, drills, sanders and other small hand tools. Starting base pay is $20.00 per hour along with a $1.50 shift premium for working the 2nd shift. In addition, you will be eligible to receive a $1000 retention bonus on the 90th day with Hubbell. Health care benefits start on the first of the month following your hire date.Duties and Responsibilities
- Follow Company safety and break policies, work in a safe manner, follow directions, and wear company issued Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). Immediately report any unsafe activity or accident to area Supervisor
- Learn and understand how to deflash, grind, drill holes by using large to small hand held grinders, hole saws, sanders, etc., and other small hand tools – Maximum Lifting Policy is 50 pounds.
- Learn how to read and interpret box and vault assembly drawings to assemble, inspect and package box and vault assemblies for shipment to customers – Maximum Lifting Policy is 50 pounds.
- Proven ability to work in a team environment following a "buddy system" to lift - Maximum Lifting Policy is 50 pounds.
- Ask questions when unsure of work safety and through-put quantity requirements.
- Keep area clean, follow good housekeeping practices.
1. Manufacturing or warehouse experience preferred
2. High school diploma preferred but not required.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS/ KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS/ABILITY:
1. Ability to follow instructions, work in a group environment, and ask for help when needed.
2. Proven ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
3. Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class. The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the LA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance (FCIHO).