EHS Manager - Birmingham, AL (890264200)
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.Posting Address
Leeds, AL (Greater Birmingham Area)Position Overview
We are seeking an EHS Manager to drive the safety culture change at the Leeds, Alabama Switching & Fusing manufacturing facility. You will work with Senior Site leadership as a hands on EHS leader who is fully engaged with shop floor employees daily to help drive improvements and enhancements to the safety culture.
This is a new position for this 200k sq ft 2-shift operation and has approximately 150 employees.Duties and Responsibilities
- Be a visible safety leader on the shop floor who fosters strong working relationships with employees in all departments & functions
- Lead Safety Committee both formally through meetings and informally through coaching and influencing safe practices.
- Develop 5-year future state plans to improve safety culture of the facility
- Lead cross functional teams on initiatives to meet the 5-year plan
- Identify resources needed to support these initiatives, propose, monitor, and track annual safety spending budgets
- Engage in a positive, proactive manner with all levels of the organization – from Corporate Safety to shop floor employee
- Conduct safety program audits, drive thorough incident investigations to ensure root cause is determined and sustainable corrective actions are implemented and provide monthly safety data reporting for Corporate Safety metrics
- Drive the Company Injury / Illness Prevention Program through Hazard identification in accordance with company standards and regulatory requirements
- Safety Program management will include but not be limited to the following: respiratory protection, industrial hygiene, , hazardous chemical management, ergonomics, powered industrial forklifts, machine guarding, Lock Out / Tag Out, Job Safety Analysis
- Bachelors Degree in Occupational Safety, Environmental/Health Sciences or related field
- Strong experience with EHS and/or Safety Leadership experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment
- Experience implementing safety initiatives and programs
- Strong attention to detail and ability to build trust with manufacturing operators
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability working with Worker Compensation & OSHA Compliance Investigations
- Must be proficient in computer programs such as Microsoft Office, Teams and database management (EHS Management software system experience preferred)
- Comfortable executing through a hands-on approach
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.