Main Job Purpose
The Focused Improvement (FI) Engineer has the overall responsibility for delivering improvement and savings projects identified by the Cost Deployment Pillar and/or the WCM Pillar the role is assigned to.The job holder will apply extensively the full range of Focused and Quality Improvement methods and tools to counter losses identified in the areas of Safety, Quality, Cost Deployment, Customer Service and Logistics.
The FI Engineer is responsible in the implementation of all process improvements and the establishment of Basic Condition Standards in the line. The core deliverable of the role is to eliminate losses and wastes and increase the stability of the line to support the transition of traditional line teams to semi-autonomous teams.
Working directly with the line organization on a daily basis, the FI Engineer acts as technical trainer for the line teams and provides coaching to operators. The role holds the key technical authority in the line responsible for:
- Measurement of all Line Key Performance Indicators: establish methodologies in capturing, recording, analyzing, reporting daily line performance data; Lead the discussion on performance gaps and trends with the Line Team
- Identification of critical equipment settings and creation of standards
- Creation of know-how and technical knowledge transfer to operators
- Coaching on continuous improvement methodologies and tools
- Responsible for elimination of top losses, improvement of OLE
- Aligns with Cost Deployment Pillar on the priority projects and/or the WCM Pillar, Run To Standard and Center Lining, the role is assigned to.
- Eliminates waste and loss according to WCM prioritization process using AM, PM, FI and QC pillar tools and methodologies
- Creates Technical Standards to ensure process stability on the line
- Trains line crews on technical standards and restoration of basic conditions
- Identifies and extends good practices to other lines
- Ensures application and accuracy of MMP Code data
- Prepares and facilitates Standard, Major and Advanced Kaizens
- Aligns with People Development Pillar to form Kaizen Team and deliver trainings for members
- Coordinates with cross functional team to identify actions based on the root cause
- Coordinates with cross functional team to standardize operation and sustain the improvement
- Applies different improvement toolkit either individual (micro) or systematic (macro) approach to address the issues
- Works with other Pillars on improvement related projects
Unilever is an organisation committed to equity, inclusion and diversity to drive our business results and create a better future, every day, for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. At Unilever we are interested in every individual bringing their ‘Whole Self’ to work and this includes you! Thus if you require any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of your application so that we can support you through your recruitment journey.