Product Marketing Engineer - Processors (220000XD_Dallas)
Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) is a global semiconductor design and manufacturing company that develops analog ICs and embedded processors. By employing the world’s brightest minds, TI creates innovations that shape the future of technology. TI is helping about 100,000 customers transform the future, today. We’re committed to building a better future – from the responsible manufacturing of our semiconductors, to caring for our employees, to giving back inside our communities and developing great minds. Put your talent to work with us – change the world, love your job!
About the job
Experience a winning team and a winning business as a Product Marketing Engineer with Texas Instruments (TI) in the world of innovative automotive embedded technologies. You’ll be part of the team driving the future of fast-paced automotive microprocessors (MPU) addressing the revolution in machine learning, the booming analytics, sensor fusion or connected car markets.
In this role, the PME is a valued team member responsible for managing a product portfolio to drive the revenue growth of existing (EPGI) and new products (NPGI), interfacing directly with customers and sales on a global basis to gain knowledge and share, and collaborating with silicon, software, and applications teams to plan and execute a wide range of product marketing activities to drive business growth, such as:
- Creating market segment strategy and business plan
- Owning product value proposition analysis, pricing and negotiation
- Developing collateral, product launches, campaigns, and Go-to-Market strategies
- Directly engaging with top customers and field sales; owning engagements from discovery, win to revenue
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Drive DINs to DWINs to grow NR while maintaining profitability
- Maintain close relationships with top tier one customers, car manufacturers and the respective account managers to understand opportunities
- Develop product positioning and messaging that differentiates the products in the market, including finding adjacent markets and customers
- Plan, manage and execute all marketing activities during the life cycle of a new product (Pre RTM, at RTM and post RTM)
- Review competitive landscape and building strategies to address gaps
- Interface with customers and TI field sales/applications to support DINs
- Follow up weekly and monthly on opportunities; from price escalations, customer visits, sampling activity, etc.
- Collaborate and communicate the product strategies effectively to cross functional teams - price, campaigns, internet marketing, launch etc.
- Work with product and engineering teams to ensure integration of market and customer requirements into product definition and roadmap
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or related field
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Demonstrated strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in teams and collaborate effectively with people in different functions
- Strong time management skills that enable on-time project delivery
- Demonstrated ability to build strong, influential relationships, both inside and outside of the company
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
- Ability to take the initiative and drive for results
- Experience with automotive technologies; autonomous driving a plus
- Experience with complex automotive software environment a plus
- Semiconductor experience preferred
- Willingness to travel
Texas Instruments is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, disability, genetic information, national origin, gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
If you are interested in this position, please apply to this requisition.