Mechanical Engineer - Largo, Florida
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.Posting Address
Hubbell Power Systems
6190 118th Ave N
Largo, FL 33773
The Mechanical Engineer provides sustaining engineering support for manufacturing, vendors, and or customers. Support the design/drafting department to ensure that drawing standards are established and followed. Coordinate and manage the process of product improvements, product modifications through Engineering Change Orders.Duties and Responsibilities
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Identify process deficiencies and develop solutions to improve those deficiencies
• Analyzes product or engineering specification and performance requirements to determine mechanical and packaging designs, which conform to manufacturing processing
facilities and methods. Designs products using DFM (Design for Manufacturability) methods.
• Configures designs to be efficiently produced with a wide range of customer options.
• Evaluate and recommend design approaches to meet performance requirements for new or improved products.
• Ensures that all information on the drawings is clearly and accurately presented, so that the procurement, fabrication, assembly, testing, and inspection can be
accomplished smoothly in order to provide the highest quality and lowest cost product for our customers.
• Consults with other research and development team members to clarify or resolve problems.
• Capable of preparing three-dimensional mechanical layouts in Solidworks software which can be translated into production drawings.
• Create and release engineering drawings and documents using PLM systems.
• Comply with all work rules, including but not limited to, the Company’s safety and attendance policies.
• Prepares or directs preparation of product or system layout and detailed drawings and schematics.
• Capable of performing tolerance studies to ensure mechanical fits and avoid mechanical interferences.
• Possesses a thorough understanding of industry standards such as UL specifications regarding safety and testing requirements
• Conduct design reviews with manufacturing, engineering, quality, and marketing on new product designs.
• Use of ERP and PLM systems
• Safely handles products or equipment in order to prevent injury to handler or damage to product.
• BSME or university program certificate with 5+ years related experience, training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Experience with industrial electronic packaging design.
• Proficient in the use of computer-aided design tools: Autocad and Solidworks.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical specifications.
• Electrical Cabinet design
• Ability to perform a structural load stress and strain analysis.
• GD&T Principals
#LI-KH1EducationBachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.