Distribution Sales Manager, Southern CA Job (882181900A1)
Primary location: Los Angeles, California
Relocation offered: Yes
Employment status: Full-Time
Location: Work from home position located in Los Angeles, San Diego, or Orange County
Salary range: 80,000 to 135,000 annual salary
What does it mean to work at Armstrong?
It means being immersed in a supportive culture that recognizes you as a key player in Armstrong's future. We are a large company with a local feel, where you will get to know and collaborate with leadership and your colleagues across the company.
By joining us, you'll have the opportunity to make the most of your potential. Alongside a competitive remuneration package, you will receive:
- A benefits package including: medical, dental, prescription drug, life insurance, 401k match, long-term disability coverage, vacation and sick time, product discount programs and many more.
- Personal development to grow your career with us based on your strengths and interests.
- A casual work environment where we have a recognition program for our team, and service awards. You will also be able to make the most of our fitness center and lunchtime cafe.
- A working culture that balances individual achievement with teamwork and collaboration. We draw on each other's strengths and allow for different work styles to build engagement and satisfaction to deliver results.
Armstrong World Industries, Inc. (AWI) has a job opportunity for a Distribution Sales Manager to be located in Southern California. Reporting to the Area Sales Manager, the Distribution Sales Manager is responsible for achieving or exceeding budgeted sales, volume and mix, and profitability targets in the assigned territory. Additionally, the Distribution Sales Manager will be required to provide proactive and professional sales assistance to all defined accounts and for all sales, relationships, and customer interactions.
- Achieve territory's goals in sales volume, mix, new products and pricing.
- Team leader and catalyst for the Southern CA/Hawaii Metro team whose objective will be to achieve individual, team and business targets.
- Maintain a strong, balanced working relationship with territory distributors, including managing an effective job follow up system with each distributor.
- Work with Armstrong team members and distributors key sales personnel to track projects to establish plan for selling Armstrong products in these buildings.
- Sustain key relationships with the top indirect contractors in the S CA/Hawaii markets; leverage these relationships to close major projects at a price premium
- Work with customers to comply with Armstrong specifications.
- Influence people who make buying/selling decisions and have a positive influence on others' behavior.
- Responsible for growing the business -- increasing/maintaining market share -- by creating customer value and competitive advantages.
- Use territory sales reports and business warehouse as analytical tool to manage pricing in the marketplace.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, or similar field or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of experience.
- This person should have the demonstrated ability and experience to effectively manage multiple relationships and priorities.
- In addition, this person should also have the demonstrated ability and experience to plan effectively, short and long term.
- Working knowledge and experience with construction, contracting, and distribution, specification sales, and knowledge of market segments, customers, and distribution channels is required.
- The ideal candidate will be a team player/leader -- motivated to achieve his or her own objectives, but is also an effective role model for accomplishing team goals.
- Must be proficient in working with computer software such as Sales Force, and Microsoft Windows applications.
- Demonstrated experience/success in architectural team selling.
- Successful candidate will have skills to work in this territory’s dynamic and challenging market, which is one of the largest and most profitable markets in the business unit.
Critical Skills: consultative selling; asking (SPIN) questions & listening/ communicating/influencing/negotiating; analyzing/problem-solving; time and team management; planning and organizing; customer needs assessment; collaborative planning and problem-solving; customization of programs/promotions to fit local opportunities; effective utilization of resources/expertise to multiply own effectiveness; opportunity analysis; managing pricing and margins; brainstorming for innovative solutions; teaching and coaching. Critical Knowledge: construction process; product and installation knowledge; market segments; key customers; needs of customers; blueprint reading; competitive strategy, tactics and products; Armstrong principles and values, compliance with policies and procedures; market segments, customers and distribution channels; channel conflict; CSA program; technical knowledge (especially in Architectural Specialties).
Why should you join Armstrong World Industries?
Armstrong World Industries (AWI) is a leader in the design and manufacture of innovative commercial and residential ceiling, wall and suspension system solutions in the Americas. With approximately $1B in revenue, AWI has about 2,500 employees and a manufacturing network of twelve facilities.
At home, at work, in healthcare facilities, classrooms, stores, or restaurants, we offer interior solutions that help to enhance comfort, save time, improve building efficiency and overall performance, and create beautiful spaces.
For more than 150 years, we have built our business on trust and integrity. It set us apart then, and it sets us apart now, along with our ability to collaborate with and innovate for the people we're here to serve - our customers, our shareholders, our communities and our employees.
We are committed to developing new and sustainable ceiling solutions, with design and performance possibilities that make a positive difference in spaces where we live, work, learn, heal and play. It's an exciting, rewarding business to be in, and we're committed to continue to grow and prosper for the benefit of all of our stakeholders. We hope you join us.
Our Sustainability Ambition
"Bringing our Purpose to Life" - lead a transformation in the design and building of spaces fit for today and tomorrow.
We are committed to:
- Engaging a diverse, purpose-driven workforce;
- Transforming buildings from structures that shelter into structures that serve and preserve the health and well-being of people and planet;
- Pursuing sustainable, innovative solutions for spaces where we live, work, learn heal and play;
- Being a catalyst for change with all of our stakeholders; and
- Making a positive difference in the environments and communities we impact.
Armstrong is committed to engaging a diverse, purpose-driven workforce. As part of our dedication to diversity, AWI is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard for race, sex, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at by email at [Register to View] style="color:blue">AWI talent acquisition and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Come and build your future with us and apply today!