Full-Time Lumberyard Associate (Forklift Operator) (19347G021)
At 84 Lumber we're HIRING IMMEDIATELY for a Full Time Lumberyard Associate (Forklift Operator) for our store in Amarillo. We're located at 5200 S WESTERN ST. AMARILLO, TX 79109.
84 Lumber is the nation’s leading building material supplier with over 250 stores nationwide. To learn more about 84 Lumber and prepare for your interview, please visit our YouTube channel here: [Register to View] or our Tik Tok @84lumbercompany
Direct experience or not, we're a company that likes to teach. We do our forklift training and certification in house.
Schedule: 7am-5pm Monday - Friday with some Saturdays (8am-12pm) | (40-45hrs a week) Schedule is adjusted to stay within the allotted hours.
Pay: Starting $14/hr.
Benefits include: Medical, Dental and Vision. 3 buckets of time off; Sick pay, PTO, and vacation time. 401k profit sharing- this means that a portion of 84 Lumber's pre-tax profits is contributed to our employees' retirement accounts. And a referral program. Refer an associate to any of our full-time positions and receive up to $1000. Ask your recruiter for a breakdown.
84 Lumber believes in second chances and rehabilitation. Disclosing a criminal history will NOT automatically disqualify you from employment. Each situation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Failure to disclose all requested information may result in your ineligibility for employment or continued employment.
This position requires working in a highly precarious place and near moving mechanical parts. This position requires working outdoors and being exposed to wet, humid, extremely hot or extremely cold conditions. This position is exposed to vibrations, risk of electrical shock, airborne particles and toxic chemicals.
Requires frequent standing, walking, hearing, use of hands and arms, grasping, handling, feeling, climbing, balancing, crawling, stooping kneeling, crouching, and lifts up to 80 pounds. Rarely this position will be sitting.
What you will be doing:
- Keeps lumber yard clean, well organized
- Load and unload lumber and building supplies
- Operate a forklift to fill orders of lumber (we train and certify you in house)
- Operate a saw
Keeping you safe through Covid 19
As an essential business, our first priority is the safety of our associates and customers. From the very beginning, we have followed or exceeded all CDC and Health Department guidelines at the State and local level. We are vigilant in our safety measures of wearing masks, social distancing and disinfecting procedures. We're a family at 84 Lumber, and we always take care of our family.Required Skills
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos; write simple correspondence; effectively present information to others one-on-one.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding and carry out simple one or two-step instructions
- Experience working in a team atmosphere.
- Ability to multi-task in fast paced environment.
- Must take and pass drug test and consent to a background check.
- Work in outdoor / indoor conditions, and ability to load and unload lumber and other building materials with or without reasonable accommodations.
High school diploma or equivalent