Installation Systems Sales Manager, New York Job (886044600A1)
Primary location: New York, New York
Relocation offered: Yes
Employment status: Full-Time
Location: Work from home position located in New York, New York
Salary: $80,000 to $125,000 (based on skills and years of relevant experience) (salary may be adjusted based on geographic location)
What does it mean to work at Armstrong?
It means being immersed in a supportive culture that recognizes you as a key player in Armstrong's future. We are a large company with a local feel, where you will get to know and collaborate with leadership and your colleagues across the company.
By joining us, you'll have the opportunity to make the most of your potential. Alongside a competitive remuneration package, you will receive:
- A benefits package including: medical, dental, prescription drug, life insurance, 401k match, long-term disability coverage, vacation and sick time, product discount programs and many more.
- Personal development to grow your career with us based on your strengths and interests.
- A working culture that balances individual achievement with teamwork and collaboration. We draw on each other's strengths and allow for different work styles to build engagement and satisfaction to deliver results.
Armstrong World Industries, Inc., has a job opportunity for an Installation Systems Sales Manager to cover the New York City Metro Region. The Installation Systems Sales Manager centers on developing and maintaining business for Armstrong ceiling, suspension systems and grid systems with architects, contractors, owners and distributors. Additionally, the Installation Systems Sales Manager provides both technical solutions and installation assistance to the contractor installation Armstrong ceiling systems while analyzing, developing and recommending appropriate solutions to installation issues.
What you'll be doing:
- Acting as a product expert for others on the sales team and clients
- Driving specification and sales of ceiling systems through analyzing and meeting customer needs, problems and expectations
- Identifying opportunities, problems, needs and solutions through relationships with customers, ability to read blue prints, and frequent visits to job sites
- Working with contractors to understand their issues and to coach and train them on Armstrong systems and capabilities
- Investigating claims and complaints, and recommends solutions
- Driving conversations on standard and specialty ceilings and suspension items
Requirements that will make you successful:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field; or equivalent industry expertise
- Demonstrated technical skills, including carpentry, hands-on installation etc.
- Demonstrated ability to read and analyze blueprints
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Having the ability to build positive relationships with a variety of customers
- Must be proficient in working with computer software such as Microsoft Windows applications
- Prior experience in ceiling installation and building products
- 5+ years’ experience in project management, estimating, or construction
- Field measurement experience
Why should you join Armstrong World Industries?
Armstrong World Industries (AWI) is a leader in the design and manufacture of innovative commercial and residential ceiling, wall and suspension system solutions in the Americas. With approximately $1B in revenue, AWI has about 2,800 employees and a manufacturing network of fifteen facilities in North America.
At home, at work, in healthcare facilities, classrooms, stores, or restaurants, we offer interior solutions that help to enhance comfort, save time, improve building efficiency and overall performance, and create beautiful spaces.
For more than 150 years, we have built our business on trust and integrity. It set us apart then, and it sets us apart now, along with our ability to collaborate with and innovate for the people we're here to serve - our customers, our shareholders, our communities and our employees.
We are committed to developing new and sustainable ceiling solutions, with design and performance possibilities that make a positive difference in spaces where we live, work, learn, heal and play. It's an exciting, rewarding business to be in, and we're committed to continue to grow and prosper for the benefit of all of our stakeholders. We hope you join us.
Our Sustainability Ambition
"Bringing our Purpose to Life" - lead a transformation in the design and building of spaces fit for today and tomorrow.
We are committed to:
- Engaging a diverse, purpose-driven workforce;
- Transforming buildings from structures that shelter into structures that serve and preserve the health and well-being of people and planet;
- Pursuing sustainable, innovative solutions for spaces where we live, work, learn heal and play;
- Being a catalyst for change with all of our stakeholders; and
- Making a positive difference in the environments and communities we impact.
Armstrong is committed to engaging a diverse, purpose-driven workforce. As part of our dedication to diversity, AWI is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard for race, sex, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at by email at [Register to View] style="color:blue">AWI talent acquisition and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Come and build your future with us and apply today!