Senior Commodity Manager (2022-19605)
Senior Commodity Manager
(2nd & 3rd shift differential)
Goodman Manufacturing, a member of Daikin Industries is seeking a professional, skilled individual for our Senior Commodity Manager position within Manufacturing at our DTTP - Waller, TX location. The Senior Commodity Manager will manage commodities for direct material in support of HVAC market operations. Identify and engage with engineering, operations, and quality to understand commodity requirements and ensure supply base is aligned. Responsible for development and execution of commodity strategy. Will conduct or support negotiations and supplier selection. Responsible for delivering commodity driven cost down through price negotiations, value analysis (VA/VE) or supplier continuous improvement. Support Supplier Relationship Management and will facilitate and lead supplier commodity reviews for strategic suppliers. Responsible for continuity of supply including actively monitoring and mitigating supplier risk. If you meet the qualifications listed below, then we invite you to apply for our open position by visiting our website at http://careers.daikincomfort.com and submit your resume.
Daikin Texas Technology Park- has a footprint of 4.23 million square feet under a single roof, and is the third largest factory in the United States. Opened in 2017 as the manufacturing, logistics, and engineering center for Daikin's American subsidiary Goodman, the plant makes heating and air conditioning products sold under the [Register to View] target="_blank" rel="noopener">Goodman, Amana, and Daikin brands.
Goodman Manufacturing is a leading supplier of heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) products for residential and commercial use and is a member of Daikin Industries, Ltd. Goodman's products are predominantly marketed under the Goodman® and Amana® brand names, and are sold through company-operated and independent distribution networks with more than 1200 distribution points throughout North America. Goodman is ISO 14001:2004 accredited, an international certification that recognizes manufacturing processes and policies that are more environmentally sustainable. Daikin Industries is a Fortune 1000 company with more than 44,000 employees worldwide and is recognized as the number one HVAC manufacturer in the world. The company has manufacturing operations in 18 countries and a sales presence in more than 90 countries and is headquartered in Osaka, Japan.
Why work with us?
- Benefits are effective on day one for all full-time direct hires
- Training programs are available to help guide team members and develop new skills
- Growth Opportunities - there is immense opportunities to grow your career
- You will be part of a Global Company - our family brands are backed by [Register to View] target="_blank" rel="noopener">Daikin Industries, Ltd.—an organization that brings opportunity to over 60,000 employees worldwide. Companies included are [Register to View] target="_blank" rel="noopener">Daikin North America, Daikin Comfort, Goodman, [Register to View] target="_blank" rel="noopener">Quietflex, [Register to View] target="_blank" rel="noopener">Motili and [Register to View] target="_blank" rel="noopener">TMI.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Senior level leadership experience.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Experience interacting with cross functional team including engineering, quality, materials, logistics, sales & marketing.
- Demonstrated negotiation experience.
- Project management experience
- Strong analytical and quantitative abilities.
- Develops and balances both short and long term strategy.
- Effective two-way communication and executive presentation skills.
- Professional business acumen.
- Willingness to travel
- 5+ years of experience in commodity management, or materials management function.
- Leadership experience required.
- Demonstrated progression of spend management responsibility, and promotions within function. Preferably within industrial manufacturing environment.
- Bachelor’s degree; preferably in Business, Economics, Supply Chain, Operations, Engineering or related field
Physical Requirements/Work Environment:
- Must be able to perform essential responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodations
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
The Company provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants regardless of a person’s race, color, religion (including religious dress or grooming practices), creed, national origin (including language use restrictions), citizenship, uniform service member or veteran status, ancestry, disability, physical or mental disability (including HIV/AIDS), medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, request for protected leave, marital status, sex, pregnancy, age (over 40), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, political affiliation, or any other characteristic protected by law. The Company will comply with all federal and state regulations and statutes pertaining to individuals with disabilities.