Supplier Development Manager (2022-20407)
Supplier Development Manager
Daikin Comfort Technologies Manufacturing, L.P. is seeking a skilled individual for our Engineering Lead Supplier Dev. position at our DTTP - Waller, TX location. The Manager of Supplier Development will establish a newly created function within Daikin Comfort Technologies (DCT) to manage supplier development including on-site assessment of supplier risk, supplier operational capability, supplier tooling health, and supplier capacity assessments. Will engage with suppliers to help identify process improvement opportunities that will result in cost reduction and quality improvement opportunities for DCT. Responsible for driving cultural transformation and will serve as the manufacturing connection between our suppliers and DCT such that issues are not passed on, but instead are resolved at the supplier. Will conduct visits to supplier manufacturing sites to assess plant process improvement opportunities and compliance to operational metrics. In addition, the SD leader will support Procurement dual sourcing initiatives including the successful transition of new suppliers and project management. Cross functional collaboration with business units is required and will work with multiple functional & business partners, including Engineering, Manufacturing, Production Engineering, and Supplier Quality. Will deliver recommendations on supplier risk and process improvement areas of opportunity to the Procurement Commodity organization. If you meet the qualifications listed below, then we invite you to apply for our open position by visiting our website at [Register to View] target="_blank" rel="noopener">http://careers.daikincomfort.com and submit your resume.
Daikin Texas Technology Park- has a footprint of 4.23 million square feet under a single roof, and is the third largest factory in the United States. Opened in 2017 as the manufacturing, logistics, and engineering center for Daikin's American subsidiary Goodman, the plant makes heating and air conditioning products sold under the Goodman, Amana, and Daikin brands.
Why work with us?
> Benefits are effective on day one for all full-time direct hires
> Training programs are available to help guide team members and develop new skills
> Growth Opportunities - there are immense opportunities to grow your career
> You will be part of a Global Company - our family brands are backed by [Register to View] target="_blank" rel="noopener">Daikin Industries, Ltd.Qualifications
Knowledge & Skills:
- Experience in managing in a manufacturing environment; ability to effectively effectively develop, engage employees and manage projects
- Experience in identifying plant process improvement opportunities and compliance to operational metrics
- Proven project management skills, organizational and time management skills
- Excellent MS Office skills - Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Strong analytical and quantitative abilities
- Ability to work in a matrix environment and influence cross functional stakeholders
- Effective two-way communication and executive presentation skills; including professional business acumen
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to apply good judgement, strong work ethics and integrity on the job
- Ability to travel
- 15+ years of experience in a manufacturing, or operations, or supplier development quality or engineering capacity. Plant management and continuous improvement experience is a plus.
- 5+ years’ of functional or lean project management experience in a leadership capacity
- Bachelor’s degree; preferably in Business, Economics, Supply Chain, Operations, Engineering, or related field
- MBA or maters in a technical discipline preferred.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment:
- Must be able to perform essential responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodations
- 25% travel estimated
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified applicants will not require employer-sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
The Company provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants regardless of a person’s race, color, religion (including religious dress or grooming practices), creed, national origin (including language use restrictions), citizenship, uniform service member or veteran status, ancestry, disability, physical or mental disability (including HIV/AIDS), medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, request for protected leave, marital status, sex, pregnancy, age (over 40), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, political affiliation, or any other characteristic protected by law. The Company will comply with all federal and state regulations and statutes pertaining to individuals with disabilities.