Reach Truck Operator (2022-20399)
Reach Truck Operators
Daikin Comfort Technologies Manufacturing, L.P., has immediate openings for Reach Truck / Turret Truck Operators located at 19001 Kermier Road, Waller, Texas 77484. The Reach Truck/Turret Operator is responsible for receiving, transportation, delivery and handling of all material received and distributed throughout the warehouse and manufacturing areas. This will include all administrative actions associated with the proper maintenance of appropriate records, the proper receipt and verification of incoming and outgoing materials, the delivery of such goods to the proper storage location or point of usage, and the periodic verification of inventory levels. Follow all Company rules, policies, procedures and requirements especially for safety, quality, delivery and productivity/cost. If you meet the qualifications listed below, then we invite you to apply for our open position by visiting our website [Register to View] target="_blank" rel="noopener">http://careersatgoodman.com and submitting your resume.
Daikin Texas Technology Park- has a footprint of 4.23 million square feet under a single roof, and is the third largest factory in the United States. Opened in 2017 as the manufacturing, logistics, and engineering center for Daikin's American subsidiary Goodman, the plant makes heating and air conditioning products sold under the Goodman, Amana, and Daikin brands.
Why work with us?
> Benefits are effective on day one for all full-time direct hires
> Training programs are available to help guide team members and develop new skills
> Growth Opportunities - there are immense opportunities to grow your career
> You will be part of a Global Company - our family brands are backed by [Register to View] target="_blank" rel="noopener">Daikin Industries, Ltd.
2nd & 3rd Shift includes shift differential on top of base pay
Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to operate the reach truck / forklift safely and work in a fast-paced warehouse/manufacturing environment
- Must be able to handle material in a safe and efficient manner
- Ability to successfully process (ex: Basic Loading and Unloading) factory transfers
- Ability to use WMS and scanning equipment
- Must have adequate forklift skills & be able to learn PKMS
- WMS experience helpful but not required
- High degree of attention to surroundings required to prevent injury to others / equipment and ensure on-time movement of machines and materials without causing damage
- Ability to work productively with minimal supervision while meeting expectations including safety, quality and on-time requirements
- Basic Computer skills
- Be able to multi-task and pay attention to details
- Good English communication skills, ability to read and write in English
- Be dependable, work well in a team environment and promote safe work environment
- Must be available to work flex schedules/days as needed
- 3 plus years of experience operating a forklift. Prior experience operating a reach/turret truck strongly preferred
- Experience working in a large scale manufacturing / warehouse environment highly preferred
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- In-house training and certification: 40 hours forklift and 16 hours reach truck through internal DOJO training staff
Physical Requirements & Work Environment:
- Must be able to perform essential responsibilities with or without accommodations
- High volume manufacturing environment with forklift traffic. May have higher noise volume in areas – hearing protection required. PPE required - steel toe shoes, etc.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
The Company provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants regardless of a person’s race, color, religion (including religious dress or grooming practices), creed, national origin (including language use restrictions), citizenship, uniform service member or veteran status, ancestry, disability, physical or mental disability (including HIV/AIDS), medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, request for protected leave, marital status, sex, pregnancy, age (over 40), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, political affiliation, or any other characteristic protected by law. The Company will comply with all federal and state regulations and statutes pertaining to individuals with disabilities.