Warehouse/Lumberyard (Forklift) Associate (28057G021)
At 84 Lumber we're hiring immediately for a Full Time Warehouse/Lumberyard (Forklift) Assciate for our lumberyard in Arnold. We're located at 555 JEFFCO BLVD ARNOLD, MO 63010.
Direct experience or not, we're a company that likes to teach if you're willing to put the work in. We do our forklift training and certification in house.
Schedule: 6:45AM - 4PM Monday - Friday
Pay: Starting at $15/hr. (DOE)
Benefits include Medical, Dental, and Vision. 3 buckets of time off; Sick pay, PTO, and vacation time. 401k profit sharing- this means that a portion of 84 Lumber's pre-tax profits is contributed to our employees' retirement accounts. And a referral program. Refer an associate to any of our full-time positions and receive up to $1000. Ask your recruiter for a breakdown.
*84 Lumber believes in second chances and rehabilitation. Disclosing a criminal history will NOT automatically disqualify you from employment. Each situation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Failure to disclose all requested information may result in your ineligibility for employment or continued employment.
This position requires working in a highly precarious place and near-moving mechanical parts. This position requires working outdoors and being exposed to wet, humid, extremely hot, or extremely cold conditions. This position is exposed to vibrations, risk of electrical shock, airborne particles, and toxic chemicals.
Requires frequent standing, walking, hearing, use of hands and arms, grasping, handling, feeling, climbing, balancing, crawling, stooping kneeling, crouching, and lifts up to 80 pounds. Rarely this position will be sitting.
- Keeps lumber yard clean, well organized
- Load and unload lumber and building supplies
- Operate a forklift to fill orders of lumber (we train and certify you in house)
- Operate a saw
Keeping you safe through Covid 19
As an essential business, our priority is the safety of our associates and customers. From the very beginning, we have followed or exceeded all CDC and Health Department guidelines at the State and local levels. We are vigilant in our safety measures of wearing masks, social distancing, and disinfecting procedures. We're a family at 84 Lumber, and we always take care of our family.Required Skills
- The desire to learn and master the job responsibilities.
- Forklift experience helpful (We train)
- Must take and pass drug test and consent to a background check.
- Work in outdoor conditions, and ability to load and unload lumber and other building materials with or without reasonable physical accommodations.
- Lifts to 80 lbs.
- Frequent bending, standing, walking, grasping, lifting. on and off the forklift
- Must take and pass other pre-employment assessments.
- 1 to 3 months related experience or training.
- Previous experience working in a lumber yard or similar.
- Forklift operation experience strongly preferred, but not required