Supply Operations Planner
Background & Purpose of the Job
This position is accountable for developing one agreed upon, reconciled, and optimized constrained supply plan. The role is accountable for creating the supply plan to include CMs and internal factories and collaborate with the MRP. They will participate in discussions as part of the DSR category and subcategory routines. Through the DSR routines, this role will be accountable for the decision making regarding the balancing of Demand and Supply, resolve problems and differences so where possible a single set of recommendations can be made, identify areas where no agreement can be reached (which should be escalated) and support alternate scenario creation showing actions to solve a given problem. This position will develop different planning scenarios using digital tools to optimize the plan and make final recommendations for supply.
Manage supply and demand constraints the information from the business, supply chain and CD across several horizons with a varying style of focus:
- Historical – ensure learnings are identified and if predictions were correct
- 13 week rolling Reviewing if plans are developing as expected and if any adjustments need to be made
- 4 months to year end: Reviewing if year-end targets are being met, identifying root causes for gaps and potential mitigation
- Eight quarter rolling: Identifying if plans are reaching ambitions and if plans are on track. Assess any risks to the plan and potential mitigation scenarios.
This role is accountable to manage a portfolio of FG SKUs in a particular technology.
Who You Are & What You’ll Do
- You’re a decision maker: Analyze multiple scenarios to close the gaps and be able to make a decision on the best outlook based on potential actions.
- You’re a dot connector: You can link our supply chain with our customers supply chain and ensure that service is optimized based on the best inventory holding strategies
- You’re a paradox navigator: You will prepare capacity constrained supply plan in Rapid Response balancing service, inventory, and costs
- You’re digital & data translator: You understand how to use data and tools to quickly connect dots and develop insights and action.
- You love to win, and have fun doing it: Responsibility for generating and improving optimized supply plans
What You’ll Do
- Develop the Factory & CM supply plan based on the demand requirements and any constraints, prioritizing the plan aligned with the Demand Planning organization
- Run short term capacity analysis as well as RCCP to determine and mitigate issues with engineering, factories, and the Business Facing organization
- Review and analyze the following inputs for DSR:
- Agreed and documented supply capabilities, capacities, flexibility, assumptions & KPIs (incl. financial impact understanding) across Source, Make and Deliver
- Consolidated Key MSO Assumptions, Ranges (where applicable), Actions, Decision, and relevant demand KPIs
- Reconciled (and optimized) supply & demand capacity utilization overview (RCCP view)
- Rough cut capacity plan and short-term capacity plans
- Inventory / Stock Reports: General Trend and Projected Stock on Hand (Volume, Value and Days Cover), Stock Loss Tree
- Innovations & NPD Matrix
- Documented outputs from previous cycle
- Ensure the following outputs are delivered through collaboration, scenario planning and discussion with the business:
- One’ agreed, updated, reconciled, optimized and constrained supply & demand plan
- Balanced Supply & Demand Capacity Overview
- Existing Gaps, Issues, Risks & Opportunities
- Constrained Volume Forecast
- Tracking of all relevant meetings, including decisions, escalations (by exception) incl. recommended decisions, actions, and implications.
- Provide a 13-week rolling production and transportation forecast along with the longer-term monthly forecast for the year and the quarterly forecasts for 2 years
- Stock projections based on constraints
Key Performance Indicators
- OTIF core portfolio
- OTIF innovation
- AGS score
- Dispatch rates
- FG MSTN & ESTN
- Capacity Utilization
- CM and Internal Factory OR
What You’ll Need To Succeed
- Bachelor’s degree in Operations / Supply Chain or equivalent experience
- Relevant experience in Supply Chain, Planning, Manufacturing or similar field (1A: 0 years, 1B: 1+years, 1C: 3+ years)
- Empowerment, Experimentation and Collaboration a must
- Strong relationship management and team leadership both internally and externally
- Holding people accountable, developing self and others, breakthrough thinking, optimizing Supply Chain integrated performance, strategic vision and influencing
What We Can Offer You
[Register to View] target="_blank" rel="noreferrer">Culture for Growthopens in a new window | [Register to View] target="_blank" rel="noreferrer">Top Notch Employee Health & Well Being Benefitsopens in a new window | [Register to View] target="_blank" rel="noreferrer">Every Voice Mattersopens in a new window | [Register to View] target="_blank" rel="noreferrer">Global Reachopens in a new window | [Register to View] target="_blank" rel="noreferrer">Life at Unileveropens in a new window | [Register to View] target="_blank" rel="noreferrer">Careers with Purposeopens in a new window | [Register to View] target="_blank" rel="noreferrer">World Class Career Development Programsopens in a new window | [Register to View] target="_blank" rel="noreferrer">Check Out Our Spaceopens in a new window | [Register to View] target="_blank" rel="noreferrer">Focus On Sustainabilityopens in a new window
For office-based, Research & Development, and remote positions, proof of COVID-19 vaccination is required to be eligible for employment. Religious and/or medical accommodations will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. For more information, please see[Register to View]
target="_blank" rel="noreferrer">Equal Employment Opportunity Postersopens in a new window
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at [Register to View] target="_blank" [Register to View] >opens in a new window. Please note: This email is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.