Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
Hubbell Power Systems (HPS) engages in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of products used by utilities. Today, HPS is deeply engaged in product solutions for OSP Communication utility purposes, and has been actively growing that segment of the business. HPS roots have historically been in high voltage transmission, distribution, substation, underground products used by electric utilities. HPS products are also used in the civil construction, transportation, gas and water industries.
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
Hubbell Power Systems
8711 Wadsworth Road
Wadsworth, Ohio 44281
This position will be expected to provide solutions to Materials and Process Engineering related initiatives that are required to support to the Metal Oxide Varistor (MOV) manufacturing facility. This engineer will work closely with the entire MOV team to maintain and improve the Quality, Cost, and Delivery metrics for the MOV product lines.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform all duties while maintaining proper industrial safety and chemical hygiene standards.
- Execute Process Engineering activities to support and improve MOV manufacturing, including ceramic material preparation, ceramic sintering operations, coating and finishing operations, high voltage electrical testing, packaging, labeling, and data analysis.
- Work with internal and external resources to research, develop, specify and implement a cost-effective means to improve the homogenization of the power being supplied to the existing powder compaction presses.
- Against a growing demand for our MOV block production, evaluate new process alternatives to our current processes to advise support for adding capacity similar to existing or alternative process technology that could offer one piece flow capabilities and improved material handling to reduce the processing cost for future block production.
- Work closely with MOV Manufacturing department to assure that ceramic sintering and annealing operations are performed at proper profiles and to assure profile transitions are carried out to assure MOV quality is maintained.
- Assure equipment is maintained and repaired in a manner that assures reliable, repeatable manufacturing results.
- Develop, justify, construct, and execute Authorizations for Expenditure (AFE) for equipment as upgrades and replacements become necessary or in support of capacity growth.
Skills and Experience
- 5 years Process Engineering experience.
- Bachelors' degree in ceramic or chemical engineering is preferred.
- Solid process engineering capabilities to drive out variation and project management capabilities to implement equipment/process improvements.
- Knowledge and skills should include: Ceramic powder compaction, dispersion and spray drying, ceramic debinding and sintering operations, spray coating operations, and ceramic abrasive grinding.
- Knowledge of operation and troubleshooting/basic repair of laboratory and production instrumentation; understanding of fundamentals of electrical network theory, mathematics, physics, and chemistry.
- Familiarity with many types of ceramic processing and electrical testing/measurement.
- Familiarity with standard dimensional measuring equipment and knowledge of Lean Manufacturing principles.
- A high degree of knowledge of Microsoft Office applications is required, and familiarity with a factory MRP system such as SAP is desired.
Bachelors Degree in Engineering General
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.