Forklift Operator/Warehouse Associate - $14-$16/hr
This position is responsible for building loads for deliveries. Must maintain a safe, clean and well-organized lumber yard, load and unload lumber and/or building supplies, and operate a forklift. Other duties as assigned.
- Builds loads for deliveries
- Load and unload lumber and building supplies
- Forklift Operation
- Keeps management aware of any delays or discrepancies
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos; write simple correspondence; effectively present information to others one-on-one
- Maintains lumber yard including keeping material well organized and safe
- Respond to inquiries from other associates
- Must be able to periodically lift up to 80 pounds
This position requires working in a highly precarious place and near moving mechanical parts. This position requires working outdoors and being exposed to wet, humid, extremely hot or extremely cold conditions. This position is exposed to vibrations, risk of electrical shock, airborne particles, and toxic chemicals.
Requires frequent standing, walking, hearing, use of hands and arms, grasping, handling, feeling, climbing, balancing, crawling, stooping kneeling, crouching, and lifts up to 80 pounds. Rarely this position will be sitting.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Hours of work depends on hours of operations, willing to work 48+ hours per week. May require working irregular and/or extended hours.
Limited ravel may be expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED)