Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
Hubbell Construction & Energy (HCE) focuses on products to support four business segments: Connectors, Grounding & Tooling, Gas Connectors & Accessories, Harsh & Hazardous, and Distribution. With markets in renewable energy, lighting, transportation, data center, telecom, utility, extreme environment, gas and water distribution, power generation and oil & gas, we guarantee that our products set the standards for industry solutions. Our success not only depends on our value proposition, but on the strength, knowledge and expertise of our employees.
The Production Supervisor I will supervise a crew of 30-50 while complying with current policies and procedures, QMS and safety requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee production employees by tracking attendance, conduct weekly payroll activities, performance reviews, and disciplinary actions as required.
- Manage department safety and ensure all employees are following safety practices including PPE, machine safety, and COVID requirements.
- Participate in weekly department safety audits and implement immediate corrective actions.
- Conduct all accident and near miss investigations.
- Manage staffing, recommend headcount adds and reductions where necessary.
- Generate maintenance work orders as required for machine repair.
- Participate in department Kaizen activities and maintain 5S standards, participate in Gemba daily management.
- Review production plan and create scheduling plan to minimize setup activities and maximize machine uptime.
- Train and motivate workers. Take interest in their jobs and provide clear, concise work instructions.
- Maintain CMC’s commitment to excellence, quality and customer service.
- Be a coach and mentor while coordinating daily workload and facilitating projects.
Skills and Experience
- At least 3 years experience supervising in manufacturing
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
- ERP experience, SAP preferred
- LEAN Manufacturing
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.