Engineer SME 6
Engineer SME 6 (Electrical Systems Eng - SME)
Daikin Comfort Technologies Manufacturing, L.P. is seeking a professional, skilled individual for our Engineer SME 6 position located at our DTTP - Waller, TX location. The Principal Electrical Engineer supports the Advanced Technology, Design and Development Engineering Team. Is responsible for the design specification, the root cause analysis, and the production implementation of all Electrical Components including Motors, Contactors, Capacitors, Control Boards, Thermistors, and Electric Heats used in HVAC systems, including outdoor condensers, heat pumps, indoor air handlers, and furnaces for both Residential and Commercial products. The Principal Engineer is the Subject Matter Expert. The Engineer leads Engineering in the Advanced Design, Component Selection, Root Cause Analysis, Lessons Learned, Best Practices, and Standard Work. The Engineer must be a hands-on practical engineer with the ability to solve complex Electrical Problems quickly and effectively. If you meet the qualifications listed below, then we invite you to apply for our open position by visiting our website [Register to View] and submitting your resume.
Daikin Texas Technology Park- has a footprint of 4.23 million square feet under a single roof, and is the third largest factory in the United States. Opened in 2017 as the manufacturing, logistics, and engineering center for Daikin's American subsidiary Goodman, the plant makes heating and air conditioning products sold under the Goodman, Amana, and Daikin brands.
Why work with us?
- Benefits are effective on day one for all full-time direct hires
- Training programs are available to help guide team members and develop new skills
- Growth Opportunities - there is immense opportunities to grow your career
- You will be part of a Global Company - our family brands are backed by [Register to View] —an organization that brings opportunity to over 60,000 employees worldwide. Feel free to learn about the Company and it's brands by visiting the career site [Register to View]
Nature & Scope:
- Designs and Selects new Electrical Components and Resolves Complex Electrical problems quickly and effectively
- Leads in Problem Solving, Best Practices, Lessons Learned, and Lab Standard Work
- Collaborates with the cross functional teams
- Trains and Educates other Engineers at the direction from Director
Knowledge & Skills:
- Is the Subject Matter Expert in Electrical Components and Electrical Issues
- Must be a hand-on practical engineer with the ability to solve complex Electrical problems quickly and effectively.
- EXPERT knowledge and understanding of fundamental principles of Electrical Components & Electrical Issues in the HVAC outdoor & indoor applications
- Good knowledge in the safety standards such as UL1995 and IEC60335.
- Good knowledge in Wiring Diagrams and Serial Plate.
- Must have the ability to demonstrate leadership through openness to diverse views, candor in assessing and articulating difficult positions, and willingness to make changes when needed.
- Must be able to work in all products (Split, Package, Commercial, PTAC) for both New & Sustained Products
- Must possess excellent communication skills including oral and written abilities
- Must be able to lead, direct and plan well using good interpersonal skills
- Must be results-oriented and work with a sense of urgency
- Ability to work with a diverse range of people from Lab & Field Technicians to Production Quality Engineers to Directors.
- 8 years minimum of experience in Noise, Vibration, and Structure.
- Solid fundamental knowledge of different design applications is required.
- HVAC, CFD, 6 Sigma/Lean, and 3D CAD experience preferred.
- BS in Electrical or Computer Engineering.
- MSEE is a plus
Physical Requirements/Work Environment:
- Must be able to perform essential responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodations
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
The Company provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants regardless of a person’s race, color, religion (including religious dress or grooming practices), creed, national origin (including language use restrictions), citizenship, uniform service member or veteran status, ancestry, disability, physical or mental disability (including HIV/AIDS), medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, request for protected leave, marital status, sex, pregnancy, age (over 40), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, political affiliation, or any other characteristic protected by law. The Company will comply with all federal and state regulations and statutes pertaining to individuals with disabilities