Machine Operator 1st & 2nd shifts Job
Primary location: Johnstown, Ohio
Employment status: Full-Time
The estimated base salary range for this role is $20.60 to $27.00 per hour based on experience.
Individual pay is based upon location, skills and expertise, and other relevant factors
What does it mean to work at Steel Ceilings, a subsidiary of Armstrong World Industries?
It means being immersed in a supportive culture that recognizes you as a key player in Armstrong's future. We are a large company with a local feel, where you will get to know and collaborate with leadership and your colleagues across the company.
By joining us, you'll have the opportunity to make the most of your potential. Alongside a competitive remuneration package, you will receive:
A benefits package including: medical, dental, prescription drug, life insurance, 401k match, long-term disability coverage, vacation and sick time, and many more.
Personal development to grow your career with us based on your strengths and interests.
A working culture that balances individual achievement with teamwork and collaboration. We draw on each other's strengths and allow for different work styles to build engagement and satisfaction to deliver results.
AWI Johnstown Plant is looking for machine operators for 1st and 2nd shifts. We are looking for quality candidates with a "can do" attitude, team orientation and commitment to producing high quality products. We are a manufacturing facility that is transforming our workforce and work environment through continuous improvement, employee recognition and a shared group goal of delighting the customer with our drive for 100% on-time shipments! We are a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Operate, Troubleshoot, and Verify Product Quality on a Brake and/or Punch Press in a Metal Fabrication shop. Position is responsible for following all company safety policies, confirming and maintaining all manufacturing standards, and ensuring work schedules are accomplished. 1st shift (5:30 am - 3:30 pm) and 2nd Shift (3:30pm – 1:30am) positions are available, working primarily 4, 10hr shifts (M-Th).
General Duties: Observe all safety precautions and plant regulations to prevent injury to self and others or damage to material or equipment. Maintain a clean safe working area including sweeping
Upon training & qualification, perform miscellaneous duties as required including machine operation (turrets, brakes, presses, panel benders, tube benders, etc), final panel assembly, infill pad creation, crating, forklift operation, inventory counting, and assisting others.
- Follow all Company and OSHA Safety Policies.
- Cut & form components from blueprint specification and/or Work Orders to required tolerances.
- Work with steel, aluminum, curved and angled parts
- Know and follow all Safety Protocols regarding specific machine you are running
- Must identify machine requirements for specific jobs as part
- Assemble materials and package finished products for transport to customers.
- Operate machinery or stations as instructed by the Team Leader to meet scheduled demands.
- Ensure that the standards for quality, output, safety etc. are adhered to and improved upon.
- Keep accurate records of production, waste, quality checks undertaken.
- Properly maintain equipment.
- Maintain a high level of customer focus in producing quality products and services that do not sacrifice the safety of others, oneself, nor the environment.
- Commit to and follow the facility Mission, Vision and Values that support the AWI Operating Principles as an individual and team.
- Attend and participate in all required company training programs.
- Conform to all company policies and procedures.
- Maintain clean and organized work area.
- Sweep floors and empty trash containers daily and maintain a clean working environment.
Education and Experience
- Prior manufacturing and machine operator experience.
- Knowledge of metal manufacturing materials, fabrication processes
- Ability to learn how to operate a variety of production machinery.
Why should you join Steel Ceilings, a subsidiary of Armstrong World Industries?
Armstrong World Industries (AWI) is a leader in the design and manufacture of innovative commercial and residential ceiling, wall and suspension system solutions in the Americas. With approximately $1B in revenue, AWI has about 2,800 employees and a manufacturing network of fifteen facilities in North America.
At home, at work, in healthcare facilities, classrooms, stores, or restaurants, we offer interior solutions that help to enhance comfort, save time, improve building efficiency and overall performance, and create beautiful spaces.
For more than 150 years, we have built our business on trust and integrity. It set us apart then, and it sets us apart now, along with our ability to collaborate with and innovate for the people we're here to serve - our customers, our shareholders, our communities and our employees.
We are committed to developing new and sustainable ceiling solutions, with design and performance possibilities that make a positive difference in spaces where we live, work, learn, heal and play. It's an exciting, rewarding business to be in, and we're committed to continue to grow and prosper for the benefit of all of our stakeholders. We hope you join us.
Our Sustainability Ambition
"Bringing our Purpose to Life" - lead a transformation in the design and building of spaces fit for today and tomorrow.
We are committed to:
- Engaging a diverse, purpose-driven workforce;
- Transforming buildings from structures that shelter into structures that serve and preserve the health and well-being of people and planet;
- Pursuing sustainable, innovative solutions for spaces where we live, work, learn heal and play;
- Being a catalyst for change with all of our stakeholders; and
- Making a positive difference in the environments and communities we impact.
About the location (Johnstown OH)
Steel Ceilings, Inc., a subsidiary of Armstrong World Industries, Inc. (AWI), is one of fifteen AWI plants in North America. Our Johnstown plant in Central Ohio is located a mere 30 minutes from the capital of Ohio, Columbus, a major metropolitan area. Known for its quaint "small-town America" vibe, its proximity to Columbus, the 15th largest city in the US, provides the best of both worlds. In addition to the numerous golfing opportunities that Johnstown can boast about. There are car cruise-ins, concerts, bike path trails, theatrical performances, street festivals, and antique fairs hosted in the area year-round.
Steel Ceilings, a subsidiary of Armstrong World Industries, is committed to engaging a diverse, purpose-driven workforce. As part of our dedication to diversity, AWI is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard for race, sex, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at by email at [Register to View] style="color:blue">AWI talent acquisition and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Come and build your future with us and apply today!