Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
Hubbell Power Systems (HPS) engages in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of products used by utilities. Today, HPS is deeply engaged in product solutions for OSP Communication utility purposes, and has been actively growing that segment of the business. HPS roots have historically been in high voltage transmission, distribution, substation, underground products used by electric utilities. HPS products are also used in the civil construction, transportation, gas and water industries.
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
This position’s primary responsibility will be to partner with both the Master Data and Purchasing teams to develop, standardize and align on tools that facilitate the various methods of Procurement that exist across the Hubbell groups. These roles will have functional responsibility and owner ship of decision making actions and key metrics that not only drive procurement efficiencies but also play an important role in Inventory management and Staff requirement planning.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the maintenance of a mature suite of standard approaches and tools to support all key procurement activities, reflective of any process changes arising from new initiatives.
- Conduct compliance checks on key/high risk aspects of the procurement process
- Lead proactive maintenance of MRP relevant material master maintenance
- Drive PO transactional automation
- Identifies trends, issues, and opportunities for purchasing process improvements and efficiencies
- Launch and maintain supplier stocking programs to support improved customer lead times and Hubbell’s working capital improvement initiatives
Skills and Experience
- 3-5 years of Purchasing, Sourcing, or related experience
- Ability to work at both strategic and tactical level
- Manage multiple tasks, set priorities and achieve tight deadlines.
- SAP experience required
- Excellent working knowledge and understanding of manufacturing systems (ERP, MRP, Inventory Control, etc)
- APICS, CPSM, CPIM certification desired
Bachelors Degree in Business
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.