Daikin Comfort Technologies Manufacturing, L.P. is seeking a skilled individual for our Safety Ambassador position at our DTTP - Waller, TX location. The Safety Ambassador plays a role for the Company’s Health & Safety objectives. The purpose is to improve the work environment while establishing a positive safety culture by identifying and correcting potential unsafe conditions, unsafe acts, processes, and ensuring employees are adhering to all H&S policies. The Safety Ambassador will also participate in EH&S policy and program development with more senior EH&S team members. If you meet the qualifications listed below, then we invite you to apply for our open position by visiting our website at [Register to View] target="_blank" rel="noopener">http://careers.daikincomfort.com and submit your resume.
Daikin Texas Technology Park- has a footprint of 4.23 million square feet under a single roof, and is the third largest factory in the United States. Opened in 2017 as the manufacturing, logistics, and engineering center for Daikin's American subsidiary Goodman, the plant makes heating and air conditioning products sold under the Goodman, Amana, and Daikin brands.
Why work with us?
> Benefits are effective on day one for all full-time direct hires
> Training programs are available to help guide team members and develop new skills
> Growth Opportunities - there are immense opportunities to grow your career
> You will be part of a Global Company - our family brands are backed by [Register to View] target="_blank" rel="noopener">Daikin Industries, Ltd.Qualifications
Knowledge & Skills:
- Demonstrated knowledge and awareness Daikin’s Health and Safety Rules
- Knowledge of manufacturing safety protocols and practices including PPE
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to establish positive working relationships with employees
- Ability to understand and follow procedures, work instructions and company policies
- Attention to detail and accuracy including good organizational skills
- Ability to work with a sense of urgency, self-motivated
- Comfortable coaching employees
- Good problem solving skills
- Ability to use good judgement and strong work ethics and integrity on the job
- Competency with computers and related software – MS Office-Outlook, Word, Excel and additional database applications
- Knowledge of forklift/reach truck operations and safety protocols preferred
- 2 plus years of manufacturing experience preferably within a high volume environment
- Powered industrial truck experience is a plus
- High School diploma or GED required
- Some College or equivalent work experience preferred
Physical Requirements/Work Environment:
- Must be able to perform essential responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodations
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified applicants will not require employer-sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
The Company provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants regardless of a person’s race, color, religion (including religious dress or grooming practices), creed, national origin (including language use restrictions), citizenship, uniform service member or veteran status, ancestry, disability, physical or mental disability (including HIV/AIDS), medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, request for protected leave, marital status, sex, pregnancy, age (over 40), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, political affiliation, or any other characteristic protected by law. The Company will comply with all federal and state regulations and statutes pertaining to individuals with disabilities.