Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
Hubbell Construction & Energy (HCE) focuses on products to support four business segments: Connectors, Grounding & Tooling, Gas Connectors & Accessories, Harsh & Hazardous, and Distribution. With markets in renewable energy, lighting, transportation, data center, telecom, utility, extreme environment, gas and water distribution, power generation and oil & gas, we guarantee that our products set the standards for industry solutions. Our success not only depends on our value proposition, but on the strength, knowledge and expertise of our employees.
Founded in 1924, BURNDY manufactures electrical connectors and installation tooling and wiring accessory products for the commercial, industrial and the electric utility markets. We are world-renowned for our robust product lines, commitment to innovation and exceptional customer-centered service.
Standing behind all those accomplishments are our people. It’s this talent that we consider to be our company’s greatest asset. As such, we are invested in your success.
BURNDY offers a wide range of health and welfare, incentive and educational opportunities that have earned us a reputation as one of the leading employers. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes: Medical, dental and vision insurance, a Retirement savings plan, Time away from work and more! We also offer great opportunities for Professional development and training: Leadership Development Program, Project management training, Six Sigma training, Toastmasters and more!
When you work at BURNDY, you can expect an environment where your expertise can engineer, build and supply the framework to merge the company’s success with your own.
34 Bern Dibner Drive Lincoln, NH 03251
Supervises and coordinates activities of warehouse workers concerned with ordering, receiving, storing, inventory, issuing and shipping materials, supplies, tools, equipment and parts in the warehouse or yard performing the following duties.
Duties and Responsibilities
Other duties may be assigned outside of the below listed responsibilities:
- Plans the layout of the warehouse, truck bay and other storage areas by considering turnover, size, weight and other related factors of items to be stored.
- Advises employees on care, handling and preservation of items received, stored and shipped; methods and use of equipment used in handling and shipping materials and related problems.
- Reviews inventory records and recommends remedial actions for reported non usable, slow moving and excess stock.
- Review transactions and records for accuracy of information and compliance with established procedures and to determine adequacy and accuracy of stock levels.
- Plans and schedules tasks for periodic and special inventories and regular cycle counting.
- Traces the history of items to determine reasons for discrepancies between inventory, physical counts and stock control records and recommends remedial actions to resolve discrepancies. Implements agreed upon remedial actions to correct records, adjust errors and resolve complaints.
- Determines work and safety procedures, prepares work schedules and supervises work flow in the warehouse.
- Issues written and oral instructions. Trains and evaluates staff.
- Assigns duties and examines work for accuracy, neatness, safety and conformance to policies and procedures. Prepares composite reports from individual reports of subordinates.
- Studies and standardizes procedures to improve efficiency of operations and subordinates.
- Maintains harmony among workers and resolves grievances.
- Directly supervises 4-6 employees in the warehouse (including backup staff).
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organizations policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Skills and Experience
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university; five or more year’s related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3 - 5 years' experience in leadership warehouse / shipping receiving role.
- SAP experience.
- MS Office proficient.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Perform and understand basic mathematical calculations, ability to write routine reports, produce professional business correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively speak before groups of employees or customers.
- Close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Required.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.