Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
Hubbell Construction & Energy (HCE) focuses on products to support four business segments: Connectors, Grounding & Tooling, Gas Connectors & Accessories, Harsh & Hazardous, and Distribution. With markets in renewable energy, lighting, transportation, data center, telecom, utility, extreme environment, gas and water distribution, power generation and oil & gas, we guarantee that our products set the standards for industry solutions. Our success not only depends on our value proposition, but on the strength, knowledge and expertise of our employees.
The PCX Buyer is responsible for procurement of all production related material in a timely and cost-effective manner. The Buyer works closely with other outside departments to identify and order all parts and material listed on the bill of materials and ensures that all items are available for manufacturing when needed. The Buyer works within Purchasing to monitor vendor performance and identify potential cost and lead time savings for PCX.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan, schedule, and purchase an adequate supply of materials required for the completion of customer requirements.
- Place orders for material in a timely manner. Initiate appropriate action to advance, delay or cancel previously scheduled materials and strive to control inventory levels while supporting customer requirements. Identify alternatives when schedule changes or delays are identified
- Work closely with Engineering, Production and Manufacturing departments to identify and order materials and equipment for customer projects.
- Coordinate with Engineering, Manufacturing, and Warehouse to ensure materials and equipment are ordered and received according to project needs.
- Listens and follows directions from leads and supervisors.
- Adheres to PCX Quality Management System and ISO9001 standards.
- Must follow PCX safety guidelines and requirements. Wears required PPE at all times.
- Works in a timely, efficient manner to meet all daily performance objectives.
- Maintains tools and equipment in proper working condition.
- Identify material and equipment issues.
- Must be able to read and understand posted bulletins, regulations, rule books, manufacturer manuals, and work instructions
- Must be able to work in a team environment which requires cooperating with others, offering help when needed, and maintaining positive work relationships
- Ensure working environment is clean and safe.
- Ability to work 10 hours per day and weekends as required
Skills and Experience
- Two years purchasing/ procurement experience. Experience with industrial electrical components in a manufacturing setting preferred.
- High school diploma required. Associates Degree or higher in business related discipline preferred.
- Experience in the use of ERP systems for production planning and material procurement.
Associates Degree in Business
370 Spectrum Dr
Knightdale, NC 27545
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.