Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
Hubbell Construction & Energy (HCE) focuses on products to support four business segments: Connectors, Grounding & Tooling, Gas Connectors & Accessories, Harsh & Hazardous, and Distribution. With markets in renewable energy, lighting, transportation, data center, telecom, utility, extreme environment, gas and water distribution, power generation and oil & gas, we guarantee that our products set the standards for industry solutions. Our success not only depends on our value proposition, but on the strength, knowledge and expertise of our employees.
Hubbell Incorporated is a leading manufacturer of quality electrical products serving all market segments. We are well established in Canada and currently seeking a top performing sales professional to join us in growing our market segment.
870 Brock Rd S
Pickering, ON L1W 1Z8
- Managing direct sale personnel & implementing strategic initiatives to drive top line & operating profit.
- Developing an industry leading team through mentorship, training, direction & by setting the example.
- Ensuring the staff understands execution, strategic plans, time management & product knowledge.
- Developing strong relationships w/channel partners & ensure ongoing communication & development of the channel.
- Maintaining excellent industry knowledge specifically competitive information & market trends to manage & take advantage of opportunities for growth.
- Managing the Region at a high level taking responsibly for both staff & effectiveness of Hubbell Canada in the marketplace.
- Ensuring use of the corporate CRM platform (Manage & document sales pipeline using CRM/Salesforce)
- Providing accurate sales forecast & monthly activity reports to senior management
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and Maintain Relationships
- Develop & maintain strong relationships w/channel partners
- Grow Sales
- Manage team of DSMs to maximize their effectiveness in leading their sales force
- Expand shelf space
- Support price realization
- Understand market segments and verticals opportunities & penetrate them.
- Be a Resource to our Customers
- Learn the competitive advantages of our products and leverage them to win business
- Represent Hubbell Canada professionally
- Integrity and Ethics
- Professional Image under all circumstances
- Participate and/or lead in local industry associations, tradeshows and events
- Metrics and Reporting
- Reporting as required
- Performance to quota planning & execution
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university
- Minimum 7 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficient computer skills
- Valid Driver’s license required
- Strong written and verbal communications skills. For Eastern Region English and French skills required.
- Must have strong Microsoft Office, e-mail and other PC application skills.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions.
- Works well in group problem solving situations
Bachelors Degree in Business or Management
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.