This posting represents the location in Murfreesboro, TN- Hiring Immediately
84 Lumber’s Mission:
To Serve our customers through a team of dedicated, honest, hardworking Associates
To Supply our customers with the best quality products while providing out Associates with the safest work environment
To Save our customers by offering competitive value-added pricing for each specific market
To Provide our Associates with an environment where nothing is impossible
Why 84 Lumber?
- 84 Lumber is a leader in the building material supplier industry and is proudly family and woman owned. 84 Lumber is committed to your success and is offering a competitive benefits and compensation package to assist you along your journey with us as you build your career!
- Endless growth opportunity, we are always looking for future leaders – if you are willing to invest in 84, 84 will invest in you. Applying for an entry-level position will enable you to learn the industry in’s and out’s, providing endless growth opportunity whether you are looking for a path in management, sales or working at our Team Headquarters in Eighty Four, PA.
- We provide comprehensive training to ensure you are provided the tools you need to be successful.
Benefits provided to full-time associates:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Disability and Life Insurance
- 401(k) and Profit Sharing
- Paid Sick, Personal and Vacation time
- Holiday pay
This position is responsible for building loads for deliveries. Must maintain a safe, clean and well organized lumber yard, load and unload lumber and/or building supplies, and operate a forklift. Other duties as assigned.
- Builds loads for deliveries
- Load and unload lumber and building supplies
- Forklift Operation
- Keeps management aware of any delays or discrepancies
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos; write simple correspondence; effectively present information to others one-on-one
- Maintains lumber yard including keeping material well organized and safe
- Respond to inquiries from other associates
- Must be able to periodically lift up to 80 pounds
This position requires working in a highly precarious place and near moving mechanical parts. This position requires working outdoors and being exposed to wet, humid, extremely hot or extremely cold conditions. This position is exposed to vibrations, risk of electrical shock, airborne particles and toxic chemicals.
Requires frequent standing, walking, hearing, use of hands and arms, grasping, handling, feeling, climbing, balancing, crawling, stooping kneeling, crouching, and lifts up to 80 pounds. Rarely this position will be sitting.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Hours of work depends on hours of operations, willing to work 48+ hours per week. May require working irregular and/or extended hours.
Limited travel may be expected for this position.
- Willing to learn; enjoys tackling new challenges.
- Organized, attention to detail, with a "get it right the first time" mindset.
- Dependable in attendance, work completion, and flexible to meet business needs.
- Works well with team members or independently; gives and receives feedback in a constructive manner.
- Makes timely and sound decisions; uses resources wisely.
- Displays a positive, can-do attitude; maintains composure when faced with difficult situations.
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED); or 1 to 3 months related experience and/or training