Intern, Data Strategy & Governance
As part of the global Data & Analytics department, this role will assist in the execution of Constellation Brand’s global data management strategy with a focus on Data Governance. Primary responsibilities include Data Quality, Data Lineage, and Data Catalog across multiple platforms.
- Option to work Remote or Hybrid in Victor, NY
- Act as a liaison between business users and the IT technical teams for defined governance needs
- Assist with development, testing and documentation of database integrations and quality rules
- Understand business process definitions to ensure consistency, uniformity, and accuracy of data sets
- Ensure governance best practices to deliver intuitive dashboards, reports and analytics that exceed stakeholder expectations and are data and technology agnostic
- Assist with internal technical enhancement projects to ensure the integrity and correct application of agreed upon data standards and business rules
- Support documentation of newly defined procedures, attributes, business definitions, and data owners
- Support development of Data Governance roadmap and work with various organizations to establish development prioritization
- Execute assigned projects within Marketing, Supply Chain and Finance areas
- Support a culture that has a high sense of urgency, commitment to continuous improvement and a sense of accountability.
- Currently pursuing Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Business Analytics, or similar field, MBA or Master’s of Business Analytics preferred
- Python, SQL, database, and/or programming knowledge preferred
- Experience with database sources and analytical tooling such as SAP/S3, AWS, Google Analytics, Snowflake, TreasureData, DBT, PowerBI, Tableau a plus
- Strong aptitude for learning new business processes, technologies, and frameworks
- Self-starter, highly motivated and willing to take initiative to complete tasks with little direction
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills
- Ability to manage moderate to large datasets, interact with business intelligence systems and data visualization platforms
- Team player with a proactive, positive attitude and the ability to build relationships and work collaboratively at all levels of the organization
- Strategic and analytical thinker, with the ability to consider the details and interpret the impact of key business drivers
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
ADA Physical/Mental/Workplace Requirements
- Occasional lifting up to 25 lbs.
- Sitting, working at desk/personal computer for extended periods of time
- Primary work environment is professional corporate office
LocationVictor, New York
Job TypeFull time
Constellation Brands is committed to a continuing program of equal employment opportunity. All persons have equal employment opportunities with Constellation Brands, regardless of their sex, race, color, age, religion, creed, sexual orientation, national origin or citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition (cancer or genetic characteristics), marital status, gender (including gender identity or gender expression), familial status, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions (or any other group or category within the framework of the applicable discrimination laws and regulations).