Senior Analyst, Wine & Spirits Global Strategy
If you have taken a moment to unwind with a bottle of beer, toast with glass of wine, or celebrate with a cocktail, chances are that you have shared that moment with Constellation Brands. We are passionate producers of iconic beer, wine and spirits brands that consumers love. From Corona Extra, to Robert Mondavi Wines, to SVEKDA Vodka, we produce over 100 premium brands with sales in nearly 100 countries, making us the number one multi-category beverage alcohol company in the U.S.
The Senior Strategy Analyst will be responsible for supporting strategic planning and other top priority Constellation initiatives. They will identify, research, and evaluate threats and opportunities to our long-term growth plan. The Senior Strategy Analyst will conduct fact-based and data-driven research to develop business cases and strategic options based on industry insights, competitor developments, internal capabilities, and financial models. The individual will develop analytical models and executive presentations that influence our long-term growth plans and priorities.
- Support the strategic planning process by developing and maintaining processes, timelines, collecting and synthesizing materials, and organizing executive reviews; and with support of their manager, draft strategic planning timelines, communications, and objectives and coordinate with cross-functional teams to develop the plan
- Deliver forward-looking market analysis and evaluate internal and external threats and opportunities, implications to the business, and recommended course of action
- With support of manager, develop approach, scope, work plan, and conduct analysis to evaluate new opportunities and threats to industry and business
- Evaluate market developments and potential competitor moves across all aspects of business (from operations to commercial execution), implications to industry and business, and recommended response.
- As the company undertakes new initiatives, work closely with Sales, Marketing, Finance, Operations, Legal and other business and support functions to ensure the effectiveness and efficiency of the work and make certain it meets operational objectives
- Prepare executive management / board level presentations summarizing findings and recommending actions to take
- Performs additional duties and responsibilities as needed
- Bachelor's degree
- 2-3 years of experience in strategic project or market analysis roles such corporate strategy development
- Ideally, 2+ years of management consulting experience with a track record of expanding responsibilities/roles
- Possess a demonstrated ability to manage moderate to large datasets, interact with business intelligence systems and data visualization platforms.
- Strategic and analytical thinker, with the ability to look into the details and interpret the impact of key industry drivers. Superior problem solving and decision-making skills. Strong business acumen, coupled with strategic analysis experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including sharing ideas and information across diverse audiences and producing high-quality deliverables in order to drive business decisions. Confident and able to be influential and assertive.
- Excellent time management, project planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment, manage multiple priorities and make ongoing decisions. Proven ability to break down complex problems into manageable goals.
- Strong results orientation with ability to consistently meet commitments and deadlines for him/herself and those of his/her team. High levels of energy and resiliency.
- High level of integrity and professional judgment, with the ability to effectively manage highly sensitive, confidential information.
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint, preferably with practical experience with Think-cell
- Degree preferably in Business, Finance/Accounting, or Economics
- Management / Strategy Consulting experience preferred
- Consumer / CPG experience
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must be able to sit and/or stand for long periods of time and work on a computer for extended periods.
- Lifting may be required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Travel: < 10% domestic and international
The purpose of this description is to describe the essential job functions and the level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position. This description is not an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by this position. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties from particular jobs and assign other duties as necessary.
LocationSan Francisco, California
Job TypeFull time
Job AreaInsights & Innovation
Constellation Brands is committed to a continuing program of equal employment opportunity. All persons have equal employment opportunities with Constellation Brands, regardless of their sex, race, color, age, religion, creed, sexual orientation, national origin or citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition (cancer or genetic characteristics), marital status, gender (including gender identity or gender expression), familial status, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions (or any other group or category within the framework of the applicable discrimination laws and regulations).