WAVE Data Center Solutions Sales Manager- East Job
Primary location: Columbus, Ohio
Relocation offered: No
Pay grade: 10/11
Location: Remote position servicing the east coast
As a part of the WAVE Sales and Marketing team, the Data Center Solutions Sales Manager will be responsible for developing and implementing the global vertical growth strategy for data centers. The Data Center Solutions Sales Manager will be a key driver to selling services and products using technical, organizational and customer knowledge to influence customers and assist them in applying the products/services to their needs, resulting in revenue generation. In addition, the position provides input and participates in the marketing, market planning and technical development of products and services.
The Data Center Solutions Sales Manager reports directly to the Integration Manager – Data Centers.
- Market Knowledge: Conduct research in the data center market to gain understanding of segmentation, customers, market size, competitors, etc. Monitor national and global regulatory and legislative policies to identify trends and market opportunities.
- Industry leadership: Determine long term annual revenue/growth goals for the market segments. Own industry operational plan (pipeline, leads and revenue).
- Drive Innovation: Set Americas strategies for new product development and establish multi-generation product plans for ceiling integration. Create, develop, and improve processes to identify current product/solution gaps, new spaces, customer segments, business models, cross-partner (Armstrong/Worthington) offerings.
- Develop annual strategic Growth Playbook: Recommend strategic direction based on market intelligence (VOC) and industry trends. Identify new channels to market by identifying independent manufacturer reps in key regions of the country.
- Alignment: Leverage market insights and voice-of-the- customer to develop new products and innovation adjacencies that strengthen and enhance our core business.
- Market incubation: Create growth opportunities focusing on system-based solutions and build a pipeline that delivers consistent double-digit year-over-year growth.
- Identifies and forges relationships with complimentary product manufacturers to develop solutions responsive to customer need and industry trends which generate revenue for WAVE.
- Position WAVE (Armstrong/Worthington) as a trusted partner and integrated ceiling and data center solutions provider.
- Develop and improve sales training and customer facing material to support demand generation and sale revenue for our data center integrated solutions.
- Be the external expert for WAVE in the market to customers, trade organizations and industry analysts.
- Works closely with WAVE and Armstrong Product Managers, Marketing Managers and New Product Development Manager
- Interfaces with Armstrong Building Products Sales Managers, Installation System Specialists, Integrated Solutions Sales Managers, and Marketing Representatives to insure communication, regarding technical sales and installation of WAVE products.
- Development of Segment Sales strategy and business plan.
- Field sales promotion and sales messages of integrated data center solutions and installation of products.
- Building relationships with internal customers (Armstrong and WAVE organization) and external customers –Architects, Engineers, General Contractors, Owners/End Users, Integrators, Contractors, Sales Agents & data center providers.
- Development of new channels to market where applicable.
- Knowledge of competitors and alternative construction methods.
- Establish sourcing requirements for business.
Measures of Effectiveness
- Sales of all WAVE products with a focus on integrated data center structural ceiling solutions.
- Growth of integrated data center structural ceiling solutions or sales territories/markets.
- Expense Management
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering/Marketing/or a related field of study.
- 5 + years of (B to B) sales/marketing experience in the construction industry and 3 years of management experience in sales and or marketing in the data center industry.
- Strong project management, communication, presentation and facilitation skills to drive creative design solutions with a cross-functional business team
- Commercial savvy and strategic thinking
- Must have a proven track record of developing and executing on a strategy
- Proven track record to convert a vision to a sustained growth platform.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office applications and Salesforce, or other CRM systems.
This position requires up to 30% domestic travel. Frequent travel outside the local area and some overnight. Some international travel may be required.
- U.S. domestic
Armstrong is committed to engaging a diverse, purpose-driven workforce. As part of our dedication to diversity, AWI is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard for race, sex, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at by email at [Register to View] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Come and build your future with us and apply today!