Process Engineer – Lord's View
MAIN JOB PURPOSE:
Process Engineer role is critical to the development of our factories to World Class Manufacturing, which means zero defects, zero waste and zero losses. Lead Quality Improvement methods and tools to counter losses identified in the areas of Safety, Quality, Cost Deployment, Customer Service and Logistics.
The Cost Deployment pillar will be populated with data built up through application of the Managing.
Manufacturing Performance Code, which is key to ensuring focus on key losses.
Working directly with the line crews on a daily basis.
Act as the technical trainer for line teams and provides coaching in phenomena identification, root cause analysis and the establishment of countermeasures.
Responsible for the validation of all process improvements and the establishment of revised basic conditions on the line. A core deliverable is eliminating losses and wastes and increase the stability of the line to support the transition of traditional line teams to semi-autonomous teams.
• Eliminate Waste and Loss according to the WCM prioritization process using AM, PM, FI and QC pillar tools and methodologies.
• Create Technical and Quality Standards to ensure process stability on the line
• Identify and extend good practice to other lines. Application and accuracy of MMP Code data.
• Consumer and Customer Focus. Building world class factories will eliminate losses and ensure that we do not pass on the cost of inefficiencies to our customers and consumers.
• Bias for Action. By providing consistent and near real time information, decisions can be taken quickly which leverage our resources.
• Building Talent and Teams. Our vision is to move to semi-autonomous teams. Passion for achieving results. Transfer knowledge and skills across the team and leverage team strengths
• Accountability and Responsibility. Drive continuous improvements.
• Growth Mindset. By building world class factories essential to set the standards
• WCM. Apply the full set of WCM methods and tools.
• Process and Organisational Design. Ensure factory lines and processes are optimally resourced (e.g., manpower ratios are efficient and sustainable)
• Analytical capability. Collect and analyse and interpret complex data.
• Understanding and implementation of process safety requirements for combustible dusts.
• Degree/ BTech Mechanical/ Chemical/ Industrial Engineering/ National Diploma Chemical Engineering
• Experience from a Continuous Processing background within FMCG or Manufacturing environment will be advantageous
• Experience in AM, PM, Quality and FI tools and processes
• HAZOPs and Safety Approval Systems working knowledge and experience is essential
• Able to visualize clearly what the ideal production system should be. Clearly understand operating principles and establish correct operating standards.
• Experience in statistics and process control tools. Drive decision making based on data.
Please apply online and add your PDP & Talent Profile if possible. Your application will be reviewed against our requirements, and we will be in touch to provide you with an update on the status of your application.
By applying for this vacancy, you are confirming that you have made your Line Manager aware of your application and that you are at a point in your career with Unilever where it is appropriate for you to be applying for other positions.
Unilever is an equal opportunities employer and committed to diversity and inclusivity in the workplace. We are intentional in employing the best talent that reflect the demographics of our country. We therefore invite applications from all candidates representing diversity of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief. When appointing potential candidates, the South African Employment Equity and Broad Based Black Economic Empowerment Legislation will be considered. We are required by law to verify your ability to work lawfully in South Africa. If you are applying as a Foreign National, please note that you may be requested to provide supporting documents supporting this post.
Unilever is an organisation committed to equity, inclusion and diversity to drive our business results and create a better future, every day, for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. At Unilever we are interested in every individual bringing their ‘Whole Self’ to work and this includes you! Thus if you require any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of your application so that we can support you through your recruitment journey.