Machine/Press Operator (2021-14570)
Machine and Press Operators
2nd & 3rd Shift premium pay in addition to hourly base rate
Goodman Manufacturing, a member of Daikin Industries is seeking a professional, skilled individual for our Machine Operator and Press Operator positions at our DTTP - Waller, TX location.
The Machine & Press Operators operates various production machines including manual, pneumatic, electrical, and hydraulc presses in accordance with established procedures and guidelines by loading, unloading, forming, stamping and assembling product. Machines located throughout sheet metal, coils, paint, tubing/wiring and assembly. To assist with the production and delivery of a quality product in a timely manner for internal and external customers. Eliminates scrap and additional costs using zero defects methods. Always work in a safe manner following the safety policies, housekeeping and environmental policies and work instructions. If you meet the qualifications listed below, then we invite you to apply for our open position by visiting our website at [Register to View] and submit your resume.
Daikin Texas Technology Park- has a footprint of 4.23 million square feet under a single roof, and is the third largest factory in the United States. Opened in 2017 as the manufacturing, logistics, and engineering center for Daikin's American subsidiary [Register to View] , the plant makes heating and air conditioning products sold under the [Register to View] , [Register to View] , and [Register to View] brands.
Why work with us?
- Benefits are effective on day one for all full-time direct hires
- Training programs are available to help guide team members and develop new skills
- Growth Opportunities - there is immense opportunities to grow your career
- You will be part of a Global Company - our family brands are backed by [Register to View] —an organization that brings opportunity to over 60,000 employees worldwide. Companies included are [Register to View] , [Register to View] , [Register to View] , [Register to View] , [Register to View] and [Register to View] .
Knowledge & Skills:
- Mechanical ability or machine operating experience is preferred
- Previous machine operating experience in a manufacturing facility, or similar relevant experience preferred
- Understanding of production and manufacturing processes preferred
- Proficiency with hand tools - manual and automatic
- Must be detail-oriented / pay attention to detail
- Ability to use simple math
- Good eye/hand coordination
- Ability to work efficiently and safely to meet proper production numbers
- Ability to understand verbal and written instructions in English
- Ability to get along well, communicate timely and accurately with co-workers and supervisors
- Ability to work with limited supervision
- Ability to stand long periods of time
- Requires physical labor and repetitive movement
- Practice good housekeeping
- Entry level - some machine or manufacturing experience is preferred
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- On the job training and class room training (The training is provided so the operators can learn how to perform their basic job functions up to company standards. The training period lasts 1-2 weeks in most cases
- During training, operators have to be monitored by supervisor until they confirm these tasks are being carried out properly
Physical Requirements/Work Environment:
- Must be able to perform essential responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodations. High volume manufacturing environment with forklift traffic. May have higher noise volume in areas – hearing protection required. Requires ability to stand for long periods up to 8 to 10 hrs.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
The Company provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants regardless of a person’s race, color, religion (including religious dress or grooming practices), creed, national origin (including language use restrictions), citizenship, uniform service member or veteran status, ancestry, disability, physical or mental disability (including HIV/AIDS), medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, request for protected leave, marital status, sex, pregnancy, age (over 40), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, political affiliation, or any other characteristic protected by law. The Company will comply with all federal and state regulations and statutes pertaining to individuals with disabilities.