Corporate Counsel (2021-18030)
Corporate Counsel - Legal
Goodman Manufacturing, a member of Daikin Industries is seeking a professional, skilled individual for our Corporate Counsel - Legal position at our DTTP - Waller, TX location. The successful candidate must have the ability to provide effective and practical counsel on a variety of corporate and transactional matters. Prior in-house experience is strongly preferred.
If you meet the qualifications listed below, then we invite you to apply for our open position by visiting our website at http://careers.daikincomfort.com and submit your resume.
Daikin Texas Technology Park- has a footprint of 4.23 million square feet under a single roof, and is the third largest factory in the United States. Opened in 2017 as the manufacturing, logistics, and engineering center for Daikin's American subsidiary Goodman, the plant makes heating and air conditioning products sold under the Goodman, Amana, and Daikin brands.
Why work with us?
- Benefits are effective on day one for all full-time direct hires
- Training programs are available to help guide team members and develop new skills
- Growth Opportunities - there is immense opportunities to grow your career
- You will be part of a Global Company - our family brands are backed by [Register to View] target="_blank" rel="noopener">Daikin Industries, Ltd.
• J.D. from a recognized university and U.S. bar admission.
• At least five (5) years of experience at a large law firm and/or in-house (experience with consumer products manufacture and distribution a significant plus).
• Strong negotiation skills in connection with both legal and financial/commercial/operational issues.
• Strong interpersonal and presentation skills, including the ability to establish and maintain strong relationships within the legal department and with business partners and to communicate effectively with others at all levels of the company.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
The Company provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants regardless of a person’s race, color, religion (including religious dress or grooming practices), creed, national origin (including language use restrictions), citizenship, uniform service member or veteran status, ancestry, disability, physical or mental disability (including HIV/AIDS), medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, request for protected leave, marital status, sex, pregnancy, age (over 40), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, political affiliation, or any other characteristic protected by law. The Company will comply with all federal and state regulations and statutes pertaining to individuals with disabilities.