Manager, Tool and Die (2021-18305)
Manager, Tool and Die-3rd shift
Goodman Manufacturing, a member of Daikin Industries is seeking a professional, skilled individual for our Mnaager, tool and Die within at our DTTP - Waller, TX location. The Tool & Die Manager works under the supervision of the Engineering Manager, the Manager of Tool and Die is responsible for supervising, coordinating, and leading tool room personnel, activities, and related services in a manufacturing environment. In addition, the individual will under limited supervision, manage and improve the preventative maintenance program for all site tooling in support of a large stamping operation. Associated activities will also include assembly fixture design and build, and die design drawing maintenance. If you meet the qualifications listed below, then we invite you to apply for our open position by visiting our website at http://careers.daikincomfort.com and submit your resume.
Daikin Texas Technology Park- has a footprint of 4.23 million square feet under a single roof, and is the third largest factory in the United States. Opened in 2017 as the manufacturing, logistics, and engineering center for Daikin's American subsidiary Goodman, the plant makes heating and air conditioning products sold under the Goodman, Amana, and Daikin brands.
Why work with us?
- Benefits are effective on day one for all full-time direct hires
- Training programs are available to help guide team members and develop new skills
- Growth Opportunities - there is immense opportunities to grow your career
- You will be part of a Global Company - our family brands are backed by [Register to View] target="_blank" rel="noopener">Daikin Industries, Ltd.
Nature & Scope:
- Provides leadership and direction to ensure the team is achieving established strategies and goals
- Collaborates on a frequent basis with Operations, Quality, and Engineering to solve operational problems impacting the site and production
- Lead teams in the design, fabrication and repair of tools and die details
- Continuously implements and drives process improvements
Knowledge & Skills:
- Understanding and execution of best in class industry safety practice
- Tool and die theory, construction, and maintenance
- Conventional machining, CNC, and, Wire EDM experience
- Knowledge of standard quality practices
- Knowledge of standard tool and die practices
- Understanding of AutoCAD, ProE, SolidWorks, and MasterCam
- Interpret drawings and fabricate detail parts from print
- Proficient in MS Office – Outlook, Excel, Word
- Excellent leadership skills; able to envision, develop, direct, manage delegate responsibility and authority and motivate an organization
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including business acumen
- High level of attention to detail, analytical and effective proven problem solving skills
- Excellent organizational, time management and project management skills
- Ability to prioritize responsibilities in a fast paced work environment
- Ability to work well with others in a team based environment and great collaboration skills
- Ability to apply good judgement, decision making skills including strong work ethics and integrity
- 10+ years of Tool and Die experience
- 6+ years of leadership experience
- 2 or 4 year technical degree, or equivalent offsetting professional experience
- Master Tool and Die Maker certification
Physical Requirements/Work Environment:
- Must be able to perform essential responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodations. The manufacturing area has high volume production with forklift traffic. Certain areas may have higher sound levels in which hearing protection is required.
The Company provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants regardless of a person’s race, color, religion (including religious dress or grooming practices), creed, national origin (including language use restrictions), citizenship, uniform service member or veteran status, ancestry, disability, physical or mental disability (including HIV/AIDS), medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, request for protected leave, marital status, sex, pregnancy, age (over 40), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, political affiliation, or any other characteristic protected by law. The Company will comply with all federal and state regulations and statutes pertaining to individuals with disabilities.