Excursion Prevention Engineer – Yield Enhancement (RFAB) (2200000D_Richardson)
Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) is a global semiconductor design and manufacturing company that develops analog ICs and embedded processors. By employing the world’s brightest minds, TI creates innovations that shape the future of technology. TI is helping about 100,000 customers transform the future, today. We’re committed to building a better future – from the responsible manufacturing of our semiconductors, to caring for our employees, to giving back inside our communities and developing great minds. Put your talent to work with us – change the world, love your job!
About the job
As a Yield Enhancement (YE) Frontline Engineer you are responsible for all aspects of daily defect monitoring and line control in RFAB's high volume semiconductor manufacturing environment. Your primary responsibility will be investigating root cause for out-of-control production material, new defect types, and abnormal spatial signatures. As such, you will be required to create, modify, and optimize inspection recipes. You must react to baseline shifts and defect excursions with a sense of urgency and partner with Fab Engineering to contain, understand, and resolve any problem that may arise while on-shift. There will be opportunities to lead, influence, and support teams associated with defect-density reduction, defect excursions, and high-impact quality events.
You are required to spend time in the Fab on a daily basis working closely with the on-shift Technicians to resolve inline defect issues and communicate findings to the engineering community through daily interaction with Equipment, Process, and Product engineering counterparts. You must identify high-impact defect issues and partner with Fab Engineering to implement corrective actions. Presenting inspection data with clear conclusions to upper management is essential. You will need to create or update documentation (defect classification guide, disposition specs, etc.) on a regular basis.
As RFAB continues to grow, it's imperative we identify and contain abnormal events quickly. As such, to ensure we have the best possible coverage to support factory operations, this position will be on a compressed workweek (CWW) schedule (either A- or C-Shift). Working on a CWW schedule offers a great work/life balance; here are some of the benefits:- You only work half the year- Limits interruptions on your days off - You get paid for TI holidays, in addition to your normal salary- Three- and Four-day weekends allow you to take trips without using vacation days- You can avoid the weekend crowds at movies, events, shopping, etc.
We're looking for strong candidates to fill these important roles in RFAB. If you're looking to join a winning team and have a passion to solve problems, I encourage you to apply.
• Two years relevant experience
• Bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Electrical Engineering, Materials Science Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics, or a related field
• Strong foundation in statistical process control, engineering change control and process release strategies
- Technical leadership – Loop Team or Small Group Activities Leader, Tech Ladder (MGTS/SMTS)
- Data analysis proficiency – Wafer sleuth, Spotfire, mBASE, JMP, etc.
- Previous YE experience – Loop Ownership, inspection recipe creation, defect-density reduction
- Track record of effectively leading teams through high-impact quality events (process excursions)
- Solid understanding of semiconductor process flow/integration
Key Attributes and Characteristics
- Puts team first and values collaboration
- Works effectively/efficiently with little direction
- High level of accountability/ownership
- Consistently drives to root cause
- Effective communicator
- Dependable and flexible
- Maintains positive attitude even with quickly shifting priorities
- Track record of setting and achieving high goals
- Likes being in the cleanroom doing hands-on work
Texas Instruments is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, disability, genetic information, national origin, gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
If you are interested in this position, please apply to this requisition.