Software Engineer (Operations) - Portsmouth, NH
We are adding a Software Engineer to our team! A successful candidate will:
- Identify, evaluate and propose software productivity and quality improvements for the manufacturing operation.
- Design, develop, and maintain reliable software applications written in high level languages and modern technologies with limited guidance from Manager or Architect.
- Manage full Software Development Life Cycles of each project.
- Document all newly developed code, code modifications, and issue resolutions.
- Ensure department software version and bug tracking systems are updated in a timely manner.
- Use software development best practices and adhere to department software policies and procedures.
- Provide project status to management on a timely basis.
- Raise issues to management as they are identified.
- Ensure deadlines are met.
- Provide mentorship to Associate and Junior Software Engineers.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field.
- Minimum 3 years of development experience using [Register to View] C# or equivalent object-oriented language.
- Minimum 3 years of database experience with SQL Server or comparable database. To include advanced queries and database architecture setup.
- Proficient in the use of [Register to View] platform and related frameworks for web-based applications.
- Fully skilled using API’s on PLM, ERP and Time Management type systems.
- Strong capabilities using GUI frameworks.
- Detailed comprehension of data formats particularly JSON and XML.
- Proven understanding of software development lifecycles.
- Ability to analyze problems and identify root cause.
- Good time management skills, including multi-tasking.
- Ability to learn new technologies with and without formal training.
- Ability to work both as a team member and as an independent developer.
- Good communication & interpersonal skills.
Sound like your kind of challenge? Then join us. We'll offer you a great work environment and competitive benefits such as medical, dental, and vision care, flex spending, 401k, tuition reimbursement, vacation, holiday and personal time, and we're committed to diversity and our veterans.
We have a future to create, so join Aclara as we harness science and engineering to make a difference. We're at the intersection of communications, data technology, energy, and national resource engineering.
Over 800 energy and utility customers across the globe ask us to solve complex challenges from making the power grid smarter, to delivering clear water, to empowering their customers to conserve energy. We're a hardware, software, and network engineering company building new solutions to hard problems. We're big data gurus and in the field problem solvers.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.