Accounting Manager - St. Louis, MO
We are hiring an Accounting Manager to our team!
This senior-level accounting position leads all aspects of Aclara’s monthly financial close, Sarbanes-Oxley compliance requirements as well as leading certain company-wide controllership-related activities including salesperson commissions, customer rebates, AMI warranty, and inventory accounting. This position is based at the HUS headquarters facility in St. Louis, MO. Relocation may be offered for this role.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead functional areas of responsibility, specifically the AMI business unit controllership functions, including general accounting, warranty accounting, cost and inventory accounting, capitalization of R&D costs, sales commissions, customer rebates, and intercompany accounting to ensure activities are performed in a timely and accurate manner and in compliance with internal controls and Corporate policy.
- Work with the accounting and finance team to craft effective accounting and reporting processes around business transactions with an appropriate focus on internal controls.
- Draft technical accounting memos, accounting position papers, and control documentation to support the company’s accounting conclusions and processes.
- Stay current with emerging accounting guidance that may impact the business, proactively assessing the impact and alternatives, and effectively presenting those findings to the company’s leadership team.
- Liaison with the company’s Hubbell Corporate accounting team on technical accounting matters, presenting findings, assessment and alternatives Finance leadership.
- Perform month-end close routines, including journal entries and account reconciliations, in coordination with the BU controllers.
- Analyze financial transactions for errors or deficiencies, takes action to resolve / correct disconnects, and implements improvements to prevent recurrences.
- Special projects as assigned.
- Bachelors degree is Accounting or Finance
- 5-7 years proven experience running Accounting-related activities
- CPA preferred with Masters in Accounting or MBA
- Solid understanding of US GAAP, its principles, and the application of these principles to everyday transactions.
- Ability to effectively identify, diagnose, and communicate the impact of sophisticated business transactions to the company’s leadership team are also key elements of this role.
- Familiarity with Sarbanes-Oxley control and compliance requirements
- Able to work hands on within the various departments of the organization and communicate effectively up the chain of command.
- Willingness and ability to adapt to the rapid business and organizational changes that accompany a high-growth environment.
- Ability to research and prepare internal memos to support conclusions on technical accounting issues by applying Accounting Standard Codification and other technical accounting sources.
- Ability to lead a team of 3-4 people
- Proven leadership and management skills.
- Proficient in verbal, written communication, and presentation skills.
- Exhibit a confident leadership presence and can effectively modify presentation styles to all levels within an organization.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Highly organized with an ability to work well under tight time constraints and simultaneously handle multiple tasks.
Thank you for your interest in a new career with our company. We look forward to hearing from you!
Hubbell Utility Solutions (HUS) engages in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of products used by utilities. Today, HUS is also deeply engaged in product solutions for the Utility Communications and Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) space and has been actively growing that segment of the business. HUS roots have historically been in high voltage transmission, distribution, substation, underground products used by electric utilities. HUS products are also used in the civil construction, transportation, gas, and water industries.
HUS has four business units. Hubbell Power Systems (HPS) is our electrical components and infrastructure business. Aclara is our AMI and Meters business and also includes an installation business. Hubbell Gas Connectors and Accessories (HGCA) sells connectors and accessories for the repair, replacement and refurbishment of natural gas systems. Our fourth business is our Protection and Controls business which is our newest business initiative to drive substation communications, control and protection solutions. HUS provides these solutions in the Electric Utility, Water, Gas and Communications Market.
At HUS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of principled integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers. Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
St. Louis, MO