North Central Business Development Manager (Transmission/ Substation) - Kansas City, MO
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.Posting Address
Kansas City, MO
The North Central Business Development Manager (Transmission and Substation) will be the subject matter expert (SME) for the Transmission and Substation Market within the North Central region for Hubbell Power Systems products.Duties and Responsibilities
- Track and manage promotional work on major transmission and substation projects.
- Promote Hubbell Power Systems transmission capabilities as a tool for driving brand preference with end-user’s, EPC firms, and other key stakeholders.
- Manage key consulting engineering firms.
- Understand transmission and substation project opportunities.
- Promote HPS transmission and substation product offering, capabilities, and services.
- Support territory managers with product approvals at key accounts.
- Provide technical support to end-users, consultants, territory managers.
- Prepare presentations for customer meetings, seminars, industry meetings, etc.
- Work closely with business unit product marketing and engineering to assist and provide input for new product development plans.
- Assist in preparation of technical publications.
- Assist with coordination of project bids between business units and sales territories.
- Understand market and market drivers, track transmission and substation project opportunities, identify new business and new product opportunities.
- Communicate activities to supervisor, RVP’s and territory managers.
- IOU’s (Transmission)
- G&T Cooperatives
- Transmission Developers
- Engineering Firms (i.e. EPC’s)
KEY PERFORMANCE MEASUREMENTS
- Transmission and Substation Product Sales.
- Develop and Strengthen Relationships at Key Accounts.
- Increase Specification Position.
- Demonstration of Product Knowledge.
- Transmission & Substation Market Knowledge.
- Timeliness and Accuracy of Reporting and Updating Project Database.
Bachelors of Science in Engineering, Civil, Electrical Mechanical, Structural or Engineering Management.
Ability to communicate effectively to small and large groups.
Minimum of 2 years of transmission engineering experience.
Ability to travel 50% - 60% on related business trips.
Motivated self-starter individual capable of working closely with a team environment.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.