MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN (5557)
As a Fortune 500 company, Packaging Corporation of America (PCA) is an ideas and solutions company. Our corrugated packaging business seeks to be the leader in helping our customers — large and small — package, transport and display products of all kinds. Our white paper business delivers Paper With Purpose by providing the highest level of customer service and operational excellence. We have approximately 15,000 team members in more than 100 locations in the United States that strive to meet the local needs of our customers. Our mission is to serve the needs of our customers, today and tomorrow, with products and services that exceed expectations for performance and environmental responsibility.
People • Customers • Trust
Pay and Benefits
Pay Range from $26.07 to $37.80 based on skills and experience.
Excellent Benefits Package including Health, Dental, Vision, and 401K Plan.
1.5 pay over 8 hours, over 40 hours and weekends.
Up to 100 paid training hours annually for technicians to advance through the progressive skill levels.
Stipend for safety shoes and safety glasses.
- Perform a variety of maintenance tasks to diagnose, repair, rebuild, replace mechanical, electrical, PLC, hydraulic and pneumatic systems on all plant equipment and facilities.
- Use maintenance knowledge to increase productivity, decrease downtime and waste.
- Work with a sense of urgency to respond to machine downtime events.
- Will be required to complete in-house training programs to develop equipment specific maintenance skills. The position may also require attendance at external training that may require occasional overnight travel.
- Must be able to follow all safety and company policies that include lock-out tag-out procedures.
- At least 1 year of experience successfully troubleshooting and repairing industrial manufacturing equipment.
- Must have knowledge and experience with repairing and maintaining mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, PLC systems and industrial equipment.
- Be passionate about maintaining a safe and clean work environment.
- Ability to work overtime and weekends as needed.
- Must have own basic tools (PCA will provide specialized tools).
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Preferred but not necessary, Technical degree and/or comparable experience in successfully troubleshooting and repairing industrial machinery and equipment; particularly within the corrugated or packaging industry.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Basic computer skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
All qualified applicants must apply at [Register to View]
to be considered.
PCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $26.07
- Max Hiring Rate $37.80