Maintenance Technician - 2nd Shift
As a Fortune 500 company, Packaging Corporation of America (PCA) is an ideas and solutions company. Our corrugated packaging business seeks to be the leader in helping our customers — large and small — package, transport and display products of all kinds. Our white paper business delivers Paper With Purpose by providing the highest level of customer service and operational excellence. We have approximately 15,000 team members in more than 100 locations in the United States that strive to meet the local needs of our customers. Our mission is to serve the needs of our customers, today and tomorrow, with products and services that exceed expectations for performance and environmental responsibility.
People • Customers • Trust
Pay and Benefits
· Pay Range from $24.46 to $36.05
· Pay scale is based on certifications earned. PCA provides to you at no cost up to 100 paid training hours each year. We encourage our technicians to advance their skills to achieve higher pay or advancement.
· Excellent Benefit Packaging including Medical, Dental, Vision, and other options. Benefits begin the following month you start employment.
· Uniforms Provided
· Safety Shoe Stipends – up to $100 per calendar year
· Safety Glass Stipends
· Advanced Molded Hearing protection provided
· Tuition reimbursement programs
· Perform a variety of maintenance tasks to diagnose, repair, rebuild, and replace mechanical, electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems on all plant manufacturing and support equipment.
· Technicians work as part of a team to safely perform Preventive Maintenance Activities as well as answer break down calls in a Production Environment.
· Work as part of a team in a manufacturing operation with a goal of increasing productivity; decreasing downtime and waste.
· Follow all company safety rules and lock-out tag-out procedures.
· Work with a sense of urgency to reduce downtime of machines.
· 2+ years of experience in successfully troubleshooting and repairing industrial machinery and technical degree in related field.
· Be passionate about maintaining a safe work environment.
· Ability to work any shift, overtime, and weekends as needed.
· Technicians supply their own basic hand tools. PCA provides a tool stipend (or replacement) to help technicians maintain basic hand tools. PCA provides all special and heavy tools.
· Must be authorized to work in the US
· Must be able to pass drug screening and background check
· Plant operates 3 shifts- Currently hiring for 2nd shift
o 1st shift: 6am-2pm (no positions currently available for this shift)
o 2nd shift: 2pm-10pm
o 3rd shift: 10pm-6am (nopositions currently available for this shift)
· Experience in a manufacturing environment, particularly within the corrugated or packaging industry.
· 2 to 5 years of practical application experience in mechanical, electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic maintenance functions.
· Experience in the Corrugated Packaging or Printing Industry is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Ability to share ideas with others to solve problems of essential importance.
· Excellent communication skills.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
· Pre-employment assessment test will be required to assess skills.
All qualified applicants must apply at [Register to View]
to be considered.
PCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $23.75
- Max Hiring Rate $35.00