Plant Optimization Engineer - Electrical (Cheswick, PA) (6705)
As a Fortune 500 company, Packaging Corporation of America (PCA) is an ideas and solutions company. Our corrugated packaging business seeks to be the leader in helping our customers — large and small — package, transport and display products of all kinds. Our white paper business delivers Paper With Purpose by providing the highest level of customer service and operational excellence. We have approximately 15,000 team members in more than 100 locations in the United States that strive to meet the local needs of our customers. Our mission is to serve the needs of our customers, today and tomorrow, with products and services that exceed expectations for performance and environmental responsibility.
People • Customers • Trust
The Plant Optimization Engineer is an early engineering career role that reports directly to the regional Area Operations Manager and will provide engineering support to all plant functions to include operations, maintenance, and other corrugated plant functional areas. This position provides support to optimize plant equipment, improve reliability, enhance, and sustain product quality while maximizing throughput and product revenue. This position will result in an overall understanding of plant operations and management skills needed for career development and promotional opportunities to various positions within the PCA corrugated plant operations group or other PCA supporting groups.
- Organize and implement moderate to large process improvements, problem elimination and capital/expense projects focusing on asset health and overall improved reliability.
- Coordinate implementation plans for Efficiency Improvement Audits.
- Provide production-oriented support to Plant Operations Management.
- Provide maintenance-oriented support to Plant Maintenance Management.
- Provide technical leadership for project teams, hourly employees, technicians, process technology and others to contribute to plant optimization.
- Implement reliability improvement and plant optimization systems.
- Troubleshoot problems and perform root cause analysis.
- Modify and optimize the maintenance (PM) work process.
- Support the lubrication and inspection programs for maintenance and operations basic care.
- Coordinate the pressure vessel and equipment integrity programs.
- Recommend and help drive, or implement innovative solutions to improve equipment, facility, and plant operations.
- Track maintenance and process downtime data to provide solutions for repetitive equipment failures/breakdowns and operational inefficiencies.
- Know and follow policies and procedures of the company, share information that would benefit other members of the team, and find ways to improve the delivery of service to our customers.
- Strive to continually strengthen PCA’s business philosophy of meeting needs and exceeding expectation for customers specifically supporting PCA’s Commitment to Service which involves doing what’s right for our customers, focusing on strategies that add value and support growth, and keeping the promises that we make.
- 0-3 years previous engineering experience including internships and co-ops, providing technical support in a manufacturing plant or industrial environment (preferred) .
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or related discipline.
- Ability to take direction and “drive” initiatives with minimal need for oversight.
- AutoCAD experience preferred.
- Experience in providing technical support on manufacturing equipment and processes.
- Working knowledge of computer systems including experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook as well as experience with manufacturing systems including shop floor software.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to handle numerous details, deadlines, and requests.
- Previous work experience as a member of a team, or a strong understanding of the importance of open communication and information sharing between team members.
- Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing or Statistical Process Control (SPC) experience preferred.
- Solid interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with production team and management.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with individuals throughout the company on departmental procedures, policies, practices, and requests for information.
- Solid listening, evaluating, and problem-solving skills. Ability to create alternative solutions and meet deadlines.
All qualified applicants must apply at [Register to View]
to be considered.
PCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
- Pay Type Salary