ROTARY DIE CUTTER ASSISTANT (6287)
As a Fortune 500 company, Packaging Corporation of America (PCA) is an ideas and solutions company. Our corrugated packaging business seeks to be the leader in helping our customers — large and small — package, transport and display products of all kinds. Our white paper business delivers Paper With Purpose by providing the highest level of customer service and operational excellence. We have approximately 15,000 team members in more than 100 locations in the United States that strive to meet the local needs of our customers. Our mission is to serve the needs of our customers, today and tomorrow, with products and services that exceed expectations for performance and environmental responsibility.
People • Customers • Trust
We are seeking applicants for a Rotary Die Cutter Assistant on 3rd shift (1 Opening) in our Akron, OH facility.
- Work as part of a team in support of a manufacturing operation with a goal of increasing productivity, decreasing downtime and waste.
- Responsible for leading machine crew with setups and changeovers by mounting printing plates and/or cutting dies.
- Conduct quality checks to ensure product meets required dimensions and there are zero material defects.
- Follow all company safety rules and lock-out tag-out procedures.
- Problem solve when issues arise with machine.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Be passionate about maintaining a safe work environment.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and possess problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work any shift, including overtime and weekends as needed.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Experience in a packaging or other manufacturing environment.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Must be willing to work closely on a day-to-day basis with other production personnel.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Work with a sense of urgency to reduce downtime of machines.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and handle multiple requests simultaneously.
All qualified applicants must apply at [Register to View]
to be considered.
PCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
- Pay Type Hourly