FORK LIFT OPERATOR - 2nd Shift, New Oxford, PA (6321)
As a Fortune 500 company, Packaging Corporation of America (PCA) is an ideas and solutions company. Our corrugated packaging business seeks to be the leader in helping our customers — large and small — package, transport and display products of all kinds. Our white paper business delivers Paper With Purpose by providing the highest level of customer service and operational excellence. We have approximately 15,000 team members in more than 100 locations in the United States that strive to meet the local needs of our customers. Our mission is to serve the needs of our customers, today and tomorrow, with products and services that exceed expectations for performance and environmental responsibility.
People • Customers • Trust
We are seeking resumes for a Fork Lift Operator Aerator in the Laminating Department in our New Oxford, Pennsylvania facility for 2nd shift.
- Operate a forklift safely and efficiently.
- Print updated production schedule for line up, verifying proper top sheet, ID number, quantity, and proper lead edge for laminating and die cutting.
- Communicate with Reach Truck Operator to transport sheets from racks to Aerator.
- Determine run direction of the top sheets for laminating or for other purposes.
- Perform quality checks during each unit, spot check sheets, perform inch count, etc.
- Assist with preparing overrun top sheets for storage or waste by using proper load tags.
- During break periods, rotate with stapper/utility positions.
- Stage labels for feeder, remove and peel waste, empty garbage, and replenish starch and glue totes, as needed.
- Maintain accurate location of stock in storage area by paperwork and computer.
- Adhere to daily production schedule and make recommendations to crew for optimizing the schedule to meet costs, quality, and delivery and service goals.
- Accurately scan loads using tog gun system.
- Assist other forklift operators, as necessary.
- Remove waste and recycles and place in proper storage location, and ensure proper tags are applied.
- Monitor the quality of output from the machine delivery system, communicating back to crew product issues.
- Accurately input information into computer system to print load tags.
- Place correct load tag on units and move units to staging area.
- Communicate with supervisor for needed forklift repairs.
- Strap units per customer requirements/specifications for delivery of laminated sheets to shipping department
- Work with crew to maximize efficiency of machine through communication of quality problems, line up matches, and line up orders.
- Adhere to all safety and work rules, company policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties, as needed.
- High school diploma/GED.
- Ability to frequently lift up to 50 pounds and adjust body position to bend, sit on forklift, step up and down off forklift, stand, walk, turn, and pivot.
- Ability to perform basic math functions, such as addition, subtraction, division, and multiplication
- Ability and willingness to work overtime on short notice, both during the week and weekends.
- Ability to work in manufacturing environment, with varying temperatures based on season, around machinery, and heavy forklift traffic.
- Ability to obtain and maintain PCA certified forklift license.
- Communicate using a 2-way (noise filtering) radio headset.
- Experience in a packaging or other manufacturing environment.
- Prior experience operating a forklift.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and handle multiple requests simultaneously.
- Ability to work within a team, effectively communicating with members.
All qualified applicants must apply at [Register to View]
to be considered.
PCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education High School