Maintenance Mechanic/Electrician - Wallula, Washington (6572)
As a Fortune 500 company, Packaging Corporation of America (PCA) is an ideas and solutions company. Our corrugated packaging business seeks to be the leader in helping our customers — large and small — package, transport and display products of all kinds. Our white paper business delivers Paper With Purpose by providing the highest level of customer service and operational excellence. We have approximately 15,000 team members in more than 100 locations in the United States that strive to meet the local needs of our customers. Our mission is to serve the needs of our customers, today and tomorrow, with products and services that exceed expectations for performance and environmental responsibility.
People • Customers • Trust
At PCA, you'll find the best people in the industry operating in a "golden rule" culture. We actively promote mutually rewarding relationships with each other and our customers by advocating respect for every individual, ethical and fair practices, and the highest standards in what we say and do. PCA, Wallula, is proud to have a highly skilled and experience team leading the way. The facility began operations in 1958, is well established; providing for long-term stability and growth, and has been PCA's plant of the year
We are looking to continue building a high-performance maintenance team. Our Maintenance Mechanic/Electrician Technician salary is based on skills, knowledge and experience. The maintenance classifications rates range between $28.31/hr. to $39.05/hr.
PCA provides a competitive benefits package; including but not limited to:
- Paid vacation, sick leave and holidays
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- Life and accidental death & dismemberment insurance
- Long & short-term disability
- Stipends for safety shoes & glasses
- Technicians supply their own basic hand tools. PCA provides all special and heavy tools.
- PCA provides training hours to help technicians advance through the progressive skill levels and achieve higher pay.
If you want to be part of an exceptional team with competitive pay and benefits package, please apply at [Register to View]
- Perform a variety of maintenance tasks to diagnose, repair, rebuild, and replace mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic and steam systems on all plant manufacturing and support equipment.
- Work as part of a team in a manufacturing operation with a goal of increasing productivity; decreasing downtime and waste.
- Follow all company safety rules and lock-out tag-out procedures.
- Work with a sense of urgency to reduce downtime of machines.
- Be passionate about maintaining a safe and clean work environment.
- Minimum one year of experience successfully troubleshooting and repairing industrial manufacturing equipment.
- Proper general maintenance and troubleshooting practices.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, tables, charts, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to read equipment instruction manuals; align equipment to specified tolerances; machine and fitting shop knowledge.
- Troubleshooting and repair of mechanical and/or electrical equipment experience including pumps, gearboxes, fans and agitators.
- Knowledge of hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
- Must have good interpersonal skills, excellent planning and organizing skills, ability to work independently, and a high degree of self-motivation.
- Must be willing to pursue ongoing technical training to enhance capabilities.
- Be passionate about maintaining a safe work environment.
- Ability to work any shift, overtime, and weekends as needed.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good computer skills
- Must be able to progress to A level mechanic within 36 months.
- Willingness and ability to work all shifts
- Must provide own basic tools. PCA will provide specialized tools.
- 2 to 5 years of practical application experience in mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, steam and pneumatic maintenance functions.
- Electrical or PLC certification.
- Technical degree and/or comparable experience in successfully troubleshooting and repairing industrial machinery and equipment; particularly within the corrugated or packaging industry Electrical competency.
- Basic computer skills for diagnostic equipment.
- Knowledge of working, troubleshooting and programming of PLCs.
- 2+ years of experience in successfully troubleshooting and repairing industrial machinery and/or technical degree in related field.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment, particularly within the corrugated or packaging industry.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Ability to work safely in a fast pace environment.
- Must be able to acquire and/or retain a multi-craft skill set. The candidate must be able to acquire the skills of both mechanic and electrician.
- Willingness and ability to share ideas with others to solve problems of essential importance.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships with coworkers.
- Ability to work alone and in a team environment.
- Ability to learn quickly and with attention to detail.
- Willingness and ability to work in manufacturing environment with varying temperatures.
- Must be capable of recognizing sounds of moving equipment and machinery for safety purposes and identifying machine issues.
- Willingness to work with constant noise at a level requiring the use of hearing protection
All qualified applicants must apply at [Register to View]
to be considered.
PCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $28.31
- Max Hiring Rate $39.05