General Laborer (Burley, Idaho) (6446)
As a Fortune 500 company, Packaging Corporation of America (PCA) is an ideas and solutions company. Our corrugated packaging business seeks to be the leader in helping our customers — large and small — package, transport and display products of all kinds. Our white paper business delivers Paper With Purpose by providing the highest level of customer service and operational excellence. We have approximately 15,000 team members in more than 100 locations in the United States that strive to meet the local needs of our customers. Our mission is to serve the needs of our customers, today and tomorrow, with products and services that exceed expectations for performance and environmental responsibility.
People • Customers • Trust
We are seeking applicants for a Misc. Labor in our Burley, ID facility.
Starting wage $19.00 during training period.
Rate after training period $24.46.
Eligible for insurance 1st day of month after start date.
We have rotating shifts (days, swing and graveyard).
Serving customers in Idaho, PCA Burley takes pride in offering outstanding customer service. We are a full-service supplier of corrugated shipping containers and value-added solutions. Our customers rely on us for package testing, structural design solutions, just-in-time (JIT) deliveries and rush orders.
- Stacking bundles repetitively, setting up machinery, clearing out jam-ups, and keeping track of unit count and order entry into the data-collection system.
- Assume active role in overall plant and facilities-related work, which includes: tagging loads, clean-up, and removing bad stock.
- Measure pallets and sheet size using a tap measure and perform day-to-day housekeeping.
- Work as part of a team in support of a manufacturing operation with a goal of increasing productivity; decreasing downtime and waste.
- Follow all company safety rules and lock-out tag-out procedures.
- Stand and perform repetitive movements for most of the work day.
- Work with a sense of urgency to reduce downtime of machines.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Graduate or GED and be 18 years of age or older.
- Ability and desire to learn new skills and cross-train.
- Current verifiable work history/references and an excellent record of attendance with previous employers.
- Ability to move, place, and transport up to 30lbs repetitively.
- Ability to work any of the three assigned shifts as needed, including weekends and short notice overtime.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Previous experience in production and manufacturing environment is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Thrive in a cross-functional team environment.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Have knowledge of Microsoft applications such as Word, Excel, Access, and other basic computer skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
All qualified applicants must apply at [Register to View]
to be considered.
PCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Hiring Rate $19.00