Sr Technical Analyst
As a Fortune 500 company, Packaging Corporation of America (PCA) is an ideas and solutions company. Our corrugated packaging business seeks to be the leader in helping our customers — large and small — package, transport and display products of all kinds. Our white paper business delivers Paper With Purpose by providing the highest level of customer service and operational excellence. We have approximately 15,000 team members in more than 100 locations in the United States that strive to meet the local needs of our customers. Our mission is to serve the needs of our customers, today and tomorrow, with products and services that exceed expectations for performance and environmental responsibility.
People • Customers • Trust
We are presently seeking a Senior Analyst to join our Technical Development Services and Quality group. We are a small, dedicated team of professionals with large goals and a strong, established reputation. Our efforts support over 120 facilities across the United States, including six containerboard mills, over 90 packaging manufacturing locations, and multiple design centers. We research, evaluate, and invent, working within a large network to solve unique and interesting problems to ensure that all the products our customers ship to homes and stores arrive safely.
- Develop and implement test plans and testing process, marshalling data and resources to address and resolve customer issues and support profitable revenue growth. Provide accurate, effective, quick response testing, evaluation, and value-added reporting. Proficiency in a broad range of applicable TAPPI/ASTM/ISTA standards.
- Familiarity with a broad range of test equipment, with responsibility to maintain their accuracy and functionality and participate in internal calibration and verification (internal/external) programs. While the employee may concentrate in one major area of lab operations and will lead customer-focused evaluation efforts in one or more key operational areas, they should be able to work across the spectrum of lab activities.
- Training and mentoring of contract and co-op staff that periodically join the lab, and engagement in the test method review, supervision, and development process.
- Work safely both on site and off, assuring safe operation of all lab equipment and supporting our lab safety culture and site safety goals.
- Continually strive to strengthen PCA’s business philosophy of meeting needs and exceeding expectation for Customers. This includes supporting PCA’s Commitment to do what’s right for our Customers, focusing on strategies that add value and support growth, and keeping the promises that we make. All our employees are responsible for knowing and following policies and procedures of the company; for sharing information that would benefit other members of the team; and for finding ways to improve the delivery of service to our Customers.
This position requires a professional able to work independently and collaboratively under limited supervision. The individual is expected to use his/her knowledge and experience to gather relevant information, identify key issues and relationships, compare data from different sources, identify cause-effect relationships, and recommend solutions. They should exercise discretion and creativity in determining the best way to address customer needs, taking general directions or problem statements, and making decisions as to his/her approach to completing assigned projects.
- Associates degree required, BS preferred, in paper science, package engineering, or related sciences. 1-3+ years prior experience with additional co-op experience preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate, reassess, and perform standard laboratory testing procedures. Strong communication skills (written and verbal).
- Curiosity and a willingness to continue acquiring and growing skills and knowledge in the field.
- Ability to safely handle packages of up to greater of 50 lbs. or SOPI/OSHA limits (or 100 lbs. with assistance).
- Willingness to travel occasionally, by appropriate modes.
All qualified applicants must apply at [Register to View]
to be considered.
PCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
- Pay Type Salary