MACHINE OPERATOR 1st shift Auburn WA Hexacomb (6507)
As a Fortune 500 company, Packaging Corporation of America (PCA) is an ideas and solutions company. Our corrugated packaging business seeks to be the leader in helping our customers — large and small — package, transport and display products of all kinds. Our white paper business delivers Paper With Purpose by providing the highest level of customer service and operational excellence. We have approximately 15,000 team members in more than 100 locations in the United States that strive to meet the local needs of our customers. Our mission is to serve the needs of our customers, today and tomorrow, with products and services that exceed expectations for performance and environmental responsibility.
People • Customers • Trust
Ranked one of the World’s Best Employers by Forbes in 2021.
Starting pay is $19.50/hr, increasing to $20.57/hr after training (Paid weekly + annual bonus)
Hours of 1st shift will be 5am-3pm Monday - Thursday
Job Summary: Operate machines to make high quality recycled cardboard products for Hexacomb in a safe and efficient manner.
Benefits: Paid weekly + annual performance-based bonus. 11 paid holidays. Training program with consistent work throughout the year. Competitive medical, dental, vision, EAP, and 401k. Join our small light industrial team with average tenure of 9+ years in our clean warehouse right off 167 and highway 18.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Good communication skills.
- Must be able to read at an acceptable level.
- Must be able to do basic math including multiplication and division.
- Must be able to work overtime and weekends as needed.
- Follow all safety rules and policies, make suggestions to improve safety and look out for fellow employee’s safety. Work to improve our safety culture.
- Set up and run the machine, including loading, and unloading rolls, glue manifold preparation, cutting section operation, racking finished product, and staging finished racks.
- Log data into the computer and move product through the system
- Assist other departments when needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
All qualified applicants must apply at [Register to View]
to be considered.
PCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
- Pay Type Hourly