Information Technology/Operational Technology Engineer
As a Fortune 500 company, Packaging Corporation of America (PCA) is an ideas and solutions company. Our corrugated packaging business seeks to be the leader in helping our customers — large and small — package, transport and display products of all kinds. Our white paper business delivers Paper With Purpose by providing the highest level of customer service and operational excellence. We have approximately 15,000 team members in more than 100 locations in the United States that strive to meet the local needs of our customers. Our mission is to serve the needs of our customers, today and tomorrow, with products and services that exceed expectations for performance and environmental responsibility.
People • Customers • Trust
The Tomahawk Mill is in search of a IT/OT Engineer/Technician.
The IT/OT (Information Technology / Operational Technology) Engineer/Technician will improve process uptime and system reliability, increase process efficiency and optimization, and enhance IT security. The primary internal customers for this role will be Process Engineers, Process Control Technicians ,Process Owners, and external Customers/Partners that include vendors such as ABB, Emerson, Honeywell, Rockwell, Foxboro, Valmet, etc. This position reports to the mill Electrical/Instrumentation Superintendent with a dotted line to the IT Manager, and closely cooperates with the customers listed above to support process control processes and projects through improved utilization and management of technology.
Technical and General Requirements:
- Demonstrate safe work practices in a manufacturing environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent trade school, and at least 5 years of experience with IT/OT Systems or equivalent
- Knowledge of Networks and IT/OT Security (Managed switches, Firewalls, Anti-virus, etc.)
- Working Knowledge Industrial Control Systems preferably in a Paper Mill environment
- Deploy, maintain, and support mill clients, servers & storage hardware on the mill network
- Support and optimize VMware infrastructure
- System backup and disaster recovery
- Manage OT operating system security patching, updates, and endpoint protection
- Working Knowledge of Plant Information Network platforms (PI/Parcview)
- Server performance monitoring and troubleshooting
- Support and monitor system integrations
- OT network design/modification and documentation
- Network performance monitoring and troubleshooting
- Switch and firewall configuration, maintenance and monitoring
- Manage and configure remote access if allowed
- Camera systems design/modification, deployment and troubleshooting
- Oversee IT security practices across all OT systems and ensure compliance with company standards.
- Provide mill area technical support and participate in after-hours support
- DCS/PLC programming knowledge
- Able to plan and implement Process Control projects
All qualified applicants must apply at [Register to View]
to be considered.
PCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
- Pay Type Salary