Process Control Engineer
As a Fortune 500 company, Packaging Corporation of America (PCA) is an ideas and solutions company. Our corrugated packaging business seeks to be the leader in helping our customers — large and small — package, transport and display products of all kinds. Our white paper business delivers Paper With Purpose by providing the highest level of customer service and operational excellence. We have approximately 15,000 team members in more than 100 locations in the United States that strive to meet the local needs of our customers. Our mission is to serve the needs of our customers, today and tomorrow, with products and services that exceed expectations for performance and environmental responsibility.
People • Customers • Trust
We are seeking resumes for a Process Control Engineer in our Tomahawk, WI Paper Mill.
This position will be responsible for DCS administration, maintenance, troubleshooting, and modernization, design, and implementation of new control strategies, tuning and optimization of control loops. Responsible for project management of process control and instrumentation projects, supporting project teams and mill operations with process control expertise, and coordinating and working with process control and instrumentation outside sales and service vendors.
- Install, operate and maintain the process control and process information systems including the installation and maintenance of all hardware and software components.
- Develop and maintain all documentation and backup of the process control and process information systems.
- Participate in the capital projects by providing development of the process and instrumentation diagrams, process control strategies, the selection, installation, start up and maintenance of all process control equipment.
- Provide enhancements to the existing process control systems including hardware and software upgrades, advanced control strategies and productivity improvements.
- Keep up to date with all new technology for process equipment and process control strategies by attending trade shows, seminars and reviewing process control literature.
- Supports the Mill's goals for safety, environmental, and other areas of need.
- Implementation and maintaining DCS and/or PLC based control systems.
- Engineering and application experience with Emerson Delta V DCS, ABB DCS, ABB sheet scanners, and QCS systems.
- Bailey DCS and Rockwell Control Logix and design, installation, and start up experience for field instruments including flow, temperature, level, pressure, consistency, and control valves.
- Performs other responsibilities as need
- Bachelor's degree in Process Control related field or an Associates Degree in a Process Control related with 3+ years of industrial process control experience required.
- Experience using Microsoft Office and AutoCAD.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Paper Mill experience is preferred
Knowledge Skills & Abilities:
- Working knowledge of basic process control principles.
- Self-starter and highly motivated.
- Team orientated with excellent communication skills.
- Work well under pressure and within time constraints as well as possess the ability to multi-task and build sound relationships with both internal and external customers.
- Capable of independently making sound decisions through creative problem-solving.
- Ability to read and understand technical correspondence, memos, instructions, and reports.
- Ability to apply skills to continuous process improvement, while maintaining maximum levels of safety.
All qualified applicants must apply at [Register to View]
to be considered.
PCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
- Pay Type Salary