Corrugator Supervisor (4906)
As a Fortune 500 company, Packaging Corporation of America (PCA) is an ideas and solutions company. Our corrugated packaging business seeks to be the leader in helping our customers — large and small — package, transport and display products of all kinds. Our white paper business delivers Paper With Purpose by providing the highest level of customer service and operational excellence. We have approximately 15,000 team members in more than 100 locations in the United States that strive to meet the local needs of our customers. Our mission is to serve the needs of our customers, today and tomorrow, with products and services that exceed expectations for performance and environmental responsibility.
People • Customers • Trust
The Corrugator Supervisor is responsible for the oversight of the equipment and personnel associated with corrugator operations. The Corrugator Supervisor is responsible for managing activities on the assigned shift in an efficient and safe manner.
- Coordinate activity with the shift supervisor to plan and manage shift schedules to meet production goals, prioritize work orders, maintain quality requirements, and assure an even flow of work to increase up-time and minimize unscheduled downtime.
- Schedule work, coordinate production activities, provide direct oversight of employees, approve time records, communicate and implement company policy. Engage in employee development activities, make recommendations on employee hire, promotion and disciplinary action.
- Maintain a clean, safe and injury-free work environment by ensuring health and safety procedures are understood and executed by all employees.
- Conduct employee training on all equipment, protocols, production standards, safety regulations, and waste control on an ongoing basis.
- Perform all quality control tests in accordance with continuous improvement standards of PCA.
- Verify the quality of the jobs and investigate any customer complaints.
- Supervise efficient operation of equipment including the inspection of materials, products, and equipment to detect and/or prevent malfunctions; assist in troubleshooting any corrugator slowdowns or other problems.
- Analyze corrugator performance, identify opportunities, make recommendations for process and equipment improvement, establish goals, and execute strategy.
- Participate in production meeting and provide updates as needed.
- Communicate closely with scheduling department to detect any discrepancies and assure production requirements are met.
- Maintain accurate records of activity including daily corrugator downtime reports, records of rolls on and off corrugator, and material utilization.
- High School diploma or GED.
- 4+ years’ of corrugator experience with an established knowledge of the machinery, methods and procedures under supervision including continual improvement processes and safety practices.
- Able to work flexible hours as needed.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Some college or manufacturing training.
- Previous supervisory experience in training, teambuilding, performance development, and conflict resolution.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Ability to perform all corrugator jobs and train crew on equipment use, adjustments and unique situations.
- Working knowledge of manufacturing systems including shop floor software.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to handle numerous details, deadlines, and requests.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, deadline-oriented environment, prioritize assignments, and handle multiple projects and/or requests concurrently.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Solid analytical and mechanical ability.
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively lead and communicate with production team and management.
- Previous work experience as a member of a team, or a strong understanding of the importance of open communication and information sharing between team members.
All qualified applicants must apply at [Register to View]
to be considered.
PCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
- Pay Type Salary