DIE MOUNTER - 3rd Shift, New Oxford, PA (5843)
As a Fortune 500 company, Packaging Corporation of America (PCA) is an ideas and solutions company. Our corrugated packaging business seeks to be the leader in helping our customers — large and small — package, transport and display products of all kinds. Our white paper business delivers Paper With Purpose by providing the highest level of customer service and operational excellence. We have approximately 15,000 team members in more than 100 locations in the United States that strive to meet the local needs of our customers. Our mission is to serve the needs of our customers, today and tomorrow, with products and services that exceed expectations for performance and environmental responsibility.
People • Customers • TrustWe are seeking resumes for a Die Mounter in our New Oxford, Pennsylvania facility for 3rd shift.
- Responsible for the repair, cleaning and troubleshooting of dies.
- Operate a standup forklift safely and efficiently.
- Communicate with machine operators and supervisors on tooling issues and scheduling changes/problems.
- Maintain tooling equipment and stock for die repair, such as rule, rubber, adhesives, punches, numbers and matrix.
- Repair and/or modify dies using machine tools and hand tools.
- Responsible for maintaining die inventory, pulling and replacing die by number and location according to factory cards.
- Responsible for pulling and putting away dies for production machines as needed.
- Understand and follow instructions on factory card.
- Apply working knowledge of proper height rule for each machine.
- Installs matrix when needed.
- Assist Operators or Assistants with die repairs and pre-mount dies in chase - loaders and performs all other pre-press tasking when possible.
- Color codes dies for ease of press side use and removal.
- Inspect dies prior to run, ensuring the dies are press ready and all die components are present and in usable condition.
- Input data and maintain accurate documentation in computer system.
- Turn in maintenance work orders to supervision for needed repairs. Be proactive in the maintenance of equipment.
- Adhere to all safety and work rules, company policies and procedures.
- Pull rotary cutting dies and plates away after run
- Keep print plates and flood mats on production floor neatly placed and organized.
- Keep print plates separate from flood mats
- Enter last run dates of plates and dies in excel for further records
- Trash plates / dies when needed (18 months after last run)
- Make ink when needed (usually weekends)
- Keep availability list of open die racks and plate locations for new tooling
- Break out 260 for breaks and lunches
- Perform other duties, as needed.
- High school diploma/GED.
- Ability to frequently lift up to 50 pounds and adjust body position to bend, walk, turn, and pivot.
- Ability to stand constantly, and frequently step up and down off forklift.
- Ability to constantly push/pull dies weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to recognize numbers and number sequences.
- Ability and willingness to work overtime on short notice, both during the week and weekends.
- Ability to work in manufacturing environment, with varying temperatures based on season, around machinery, and heavy forklift traffic.
- Frequently works from heights while replacing and removing dies from racks.
- Ability to obtain and maintain PCA certified forklift license.
- Experience in a packaging or other manufacturing environment.
- Prior experience operating a forklift.
- Prior experience in die/tooling repairs.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and handle multiple requests simultaneously.
- Ability to work within a team, effectively communicating with members.
- Ability to prioritize work for maximum efficiency.
All qualified applicants must apply at [Register to View]
to be considered.
PCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education High School