Entry Level Recruiter/Sales Trainee
Actalent connects passion with purpose and our vision is to impact millions of lives through engineering and sciences efforts.
We’re looking for a highly motivated Entry-Level Recruiter to join our team and help us advance the careers of STEM professionals doing complex and cutting-edge work. Building trusted relationships with our network of engineering and sciences consultants is a key part of our company strategy. If you’re enthusiastic about partnering with bright and sharp individuals, understanding what makes them tick, and helping them achieve their career goals—keep reading, we might be a great match!
No previous industry experience is required.
With global headquarters outside of Baltimore, MD, Actalent has an existing network of almost 30,000 engineering and sciences consultants and more than 4,500 clients across the U.S., Canada, Asia, and Europe, including many of the Fortune 500. We give clients access to specialized experts that drive scale, innovation, and speed to market, supporting engineering and science initiatives that advance how companies serve the world. An operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions, Actalent launched as a new specialized engineering and sciences talent services and workforce solutions brand in 2021.
You will own the full recruiting lifecycle, including:
- Meeting with hiring managers to understand their needs
- Sourcing qualified STEM professionals through various recruiting tools
- Screening potential consultants through interviews and reference checks, while learning about their goals, skills, and interests to ensure alignment
- Communicating work opportunities and preparing consultants for starting their new roles
- Performing critical relationship-building activities, including coaching your consultants for interviews, checking in on their first day of work, and keeping in touch throughout their employment to ensure their satisfaction and engagement
- Maintaining a network of consultants that align with top industry-specific skill sets
- Building trusted relationships with your network of STEM professionals to ultimately be seen as a partner in helping them advance their career
We commit to providing continued education and training throughout your career to keep your skillset sharp and competitive:
- You’ll take part in a comprehensive, structured training program to prepare you for your role, including role plays, job shadows and teach-backs to create camaraderie and ensure you become a subject matter expert within your industry.
- Throughout your career at Actalent, you will engage in both formal and informal mentorship programs to progress toward your personal and professional goals.
- At every step of the way, you will be surrounded by a positive and supportive culture that encourages everyone to help develop themselves and others.
- Actalent promotes almost exclusively from within. Employees have the opportunity to develop and advance into leadership, management or explore other opportunities across our business.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Experience in customer service, leadership, or sales a plus
- Experience collaborating in a team-oriented environment
- Interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Desire to work in a performance-based environment
- Unlimitedcommission potential
- Paid 13-week training period to start
- Initial base salary of $45,000 after hourly paid training period, increasing to $55,000 after one year of employment
- Our top 10% of recruiters earned an average of $68,000 in year one, $130,000 in year two, and $195,000 in year five (2021 data).
- Performance-based incentives
- Quarterly bonuses
- All-expenses-paid annual trips for top performers
- Company-funded investment plan with paid dividends
- Healthcare, dental, vision, and 401(k)
- 20 days paid time off (accrued per year)
- Cell phone allowance after first year
- Employee discounts
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Student loan debt management with CommonBond
- Monthly wellness calls
The Actalent experience is one of high standards for professional and personal growth, integrity, and inclusivity. Everyone has ownership in the Actalent culture. We ask each member of our team to help us build our culture by:
- Bringing their best selves to work every day in terms of caring, competitive spirit and character
- Leading by example and working with purpose and pride
- Committing to fostering an inclusive and safe workplace where everyone can be their authentic selves