(USA) Principal Software Engineer (8261_R-793620)
- Bachelor's degree with 14-18 yrs. of experience or Master's Degree with 12 yrs. of experience in CS/CSE or related field.
- Candidate must have experience in designing and developing large scale distributed systems and APIs.
- Candidate must have excellent problem solving skills
- Candidate must be expert in designing and architecting small to large solution using appropriate design patterns
- Candidate must be advanced in problem solving skills using advance algorithm
- Candidate must be well versed with Java and Advanced Java features
- Candidate must have hands on SQL or No SQL technologies
- Candidate must have exposure to Spark, Hadoop and Hive
- Candidate must be willing to inspire by vision and stick to organization goals
- Candidate must be well versed with Design pattern and Object Oriented programming
- Candidate must have experience on working on large volume system with scale
- Candidate must have good knowledge on SRE and Observability frame work
- Experience in handling complex production issues
- Experience in Kafka, Kafka Streams, Play Framework or any good framework
- Experience in Cloud Native Architecture is a plus
- Experience in data science is plus
- Design, build, test and deploy cutting edge solutions at scale, impacting multi-billion-dollar business
- Your responsibility is to build robust, scalable design and system using Java, SQL/NoSQL, Kafka, Kafka Streams, Cassandra, Cosmos DB in Hybrid Cloud environment
- Role model for behaviors such as - being data intensive while taking everyday decisions, approach everyday problems with scientific temperament and rigor, having customer-first mind-set, maintaining highest standards for operational and engineering excellence
- Raise the bar by improving the team's definition of best practices and architecture with deep domain knowledge
- Demonstrate the belief that you can achieve more on a team that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts and rely on others' candid feedback for continuous improvement
- Interact with Walmart engineering teams across geographies to leverage expertise and contribute to the tech community
- Engage with Product Management and Business to drive the agenda, set your priorities and deliver awesome products
- Work closely with Business team to understand the requirements, drive design, architecture and influence the choice of technology to deliver solution working closely with senior architects and leadership team.
- Responsible for various organization wide activities like driving Hackathon, Ideathon, Holiday readiness, Walmart Tech Councils
Our Ideal Candidate:
You have a deep interest and passion for technology. You love writing and owning codes and enjoy working with people who will keep challenging you at every stage. You have strong problem solving, analytic, decision-making and excellent communication with interpersonal skills. You are self-driven and motivated with the desire to work in a fast-paced, results-driven agile environment with varied responsibilities. You will also have to provide technical leadership and mentoring to a small team of highly talented and motivated engineers to deliver the solutions with highest quality.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and 5 years' experience in software engineering or related field OR 7 years' experience in software
engineering or related field
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Master's degree in Computer Science or related field and 4 years' experience in software engineering or related field
600 WEST CALIFORNIA AVENUE, SUNNYVALE, CA 94086-2486, United States of America